The Davis' of Robeson, Davisboro, and Rochester:Information about Jefferson F. Davis
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Jefferson F. Davis (b. June 03, 1808, d. December 06, 1889)Jefferson F. Davis (son of Samuel Emory Davis and Jane Cook) was born June 03, 1808 in Christian (now Todd) County, KY, and died December 06, 1889 in New Orleans.He married (1) Sarah Knox Taylor on June 17, 1835.He married (2) Varina Banks Howell on 1845.
Notes for Jefferson F. Davis:
President of the Confederacy.He was born in Christian(now Todd) County, KY and raised in Mississippi. Inaugurated February 18, 1861, he was later elected as regular President and inaugurated in February 1862.He held office continuously until the collapse of the Confederacy in the spring of 1865.He was buried in New Orleans and his remains were later moved to Richmond, VA.
He and his second wife, Varina Howell, had six children.
More About Jefferson F. Davis and Sarah Knox Taylor:
Marriage: June 17, 1835
More About Jefferson F. Davis and Varina Banks Howell:
Children of Jefferson F. Davis and Varina Banks Howell are:
- Samuel Emory Davis, b. July 30, 1852, d. June 13, 1854.
- Margaret Howell Davis, b. February 25, 1855, d. July 18, 1909.
- Jefferson Davis, Jr., b. January 16, 1857, d. October 16, 1878.
- Joseph Evan Davis, b. April 18, 1859, d. April 30, 1864.
- William Howell Davis, b. December 06, 1861, d. October 16, 1872.
- Varina Anne Davis, b. June 27, 1864, d. September 18, 1898.