deVeber Family Genealogy:Information about Gabriel deVeber II
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Gabriel deVeber II (b. 1752, d. May 23, 1827)Gabriel deVeber II (son of Gabriel deVeber I and Mary Burke) was born 1752 in U.S.A., and died May 23, 1827 in Burton, Sunbury County, N.B., Canada168.He married Margaret Hubbard in Stamford, conn., U.S.A.169, daughter of Nathaniel Hubbard and Mary Quintard.
Notes for Gabriel deVeber II:
In History of Central B.B. 1925, page 78:
Capt. Gabriel DeVeber settled on lot 14 in Burton Sunbury, Co., N.B. (note by G.A. DeVeber indicates he is the son of Lt. Co.. DeVeber).
Discrepancy: In a letter dated 1993-03-08 from F.W. Hubbard of Fredericton, N.b.signed by Lucy Hubbard (Mrs. F.W.) an attachment indicates the following as text on his grave site in Row B, No. 11 of Christ Church Maugerville Graveyard:
"To the memory of Gabriel DEVEBER late Sherrif of this county who dies on the 23rd day of May 1826 in the 75th year of his age." (see also Notes for his wife Margaret)
More About Gabriel deVeber II:
Burial: May 1827, Maugerville, Sunbury County, N.B. , Canada.170
Probate: 1827, Sunbury County Probate Records.171
Property: January 01, 1787, Loyalist Land Grant:"115 at Lot 40, Burton".172
More About Gabriel deVeber II and Margaret Hubbard:
Marriage: Stamford, conn., U.S.A..173
Children of Gabriel deVeber II and Margaret Hubbard are:
- Gabriel N. deVeber, b. 1785, Burton, Sunbury County, N.B., Canada, d. May 11, 1838, Burton, Sunbury County, N.B., Canada174.
- +Nathaniel Hubbard deVeber, b. 1785, Burton, Sunbury County, N.B., Canada175, d. August 07, 1877, Gagetown, Queen's County, N.B., Canada176.
- +William Edwin Nelson deVeber, b. 1789, Burton, Sunbury County, N.B., Canada, d. February 04, 1865, Saint John, Saint John County, N.B., Canada177.
- +Leverett Hubbard deVeber I, b. 1790, Burton, Sunbury County, N.B., Canada, d. February 03, 1876, Saint John, Saint John County, N.B., Canada178.
- Mary deVeber, b. Abt. 1793, Burton, Sunbury County, N.B., Canada, d. June 1853, Burton, Sunbury County, N.B., Canada179.