:Information about William Howard Smith
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
William Howard Smith (b. December 09, 1807, d. date unknown)William Howard Smith (son of Matthew Smith and Bathseba Tilton) was born December 09, 1807 in Island of Martha's Vineyard, Dukes County, Massachusetts, and died date unknown.He married (1) unknown.He married (2) Phebe Wing Yost on March 10, 1833 in Oxford, Butler County, Ohio, daughter of Peter Yost and Abigail Chase.
Notes for William Howard Smith:
His occupation was Lawyer.He was admitted to the bar February 16, 1843 - State of Indiana, Franklin County, Court at Brookville, Indiana.
He had two wives.The first was Phebe Wing Yost.He and Phebe had four known children.
The second wife was unknown.He and his second wife had six known children.
"The Smiths, Tiltons, Lamberts, Howards, and Mayhews were all principal sttlers on Island of Marthas Vineyard, Massachusetts - some date to Mayflower and Court of Admiralty."
More About William Howard Smith and Phebe Wing Yost:
Marriage: March 10, 1833, Oxford, Butler County, Ohio.
Children of William Howard Smith and unknown are:
- Thomas Lambert S. Smith, b. April 19, 1848, d. date unknown.
- Mary Smith, b. January 20, 1850, d. date unknown.
- Martin L. W. Smith, b. July 31, 1853, d. date unknown.
- Elsie Mathews Smith, b. July 20, 1857, d. date unknown.
- Aurelia Westerfield Smith, b. July 20, 1857, d. date unknown.
- Sarah Elizabeth Smith, b. June 18, 1860, d. date unknown.
Children of William Howard Smith and Phebe Wing Yost are:
- +Ransford Smith, b. January 17, 1834, near Oxford, Butler County, Ohio, d. January 05, 1895, Ogden, Utah.
- Anna S. Smith, b. March 30, 1836, Ohio, d. date unknown.
- Phebe Yost Smith, b. September 21, 1839, Ohio, d. date unknown.
- William Howard Smith, Jr., b. August 08, 1842, d. date unknown.