My Genealogy Home Page:Information about David Dixon
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
David Dixon (b. Abt. 1796, d. Bef. 1860)David Dixon was born Abt. 1796 in Glouchester County, New Jersey, and died Bef. 1860 in Hardin County, Illinois.He married (1) Mary Ann McGee on July 13, 1816 in Cumberland County, NJ.He married (2) Eleanor Carter on March 28, 1846 in Perry County, Indiana.
Notes for David Dixon:
Moved to Perry County, Indiana about 1838 or 39.Remarriedand moved to Illinois in 1857 with the two youngest sons plus son David Jr.He made his other older sons promise that if he died in Illinois, that had to return his body to Indiana for burial.After he died shortly thereafter, his sons from Perry Couhty went to Illinois and put his body on a barge sent up the Ohio river, but he was "buried at sea" near Evansville following a mutiny of the crew, because of the odor from the dead body.
More About David Dixon and Mary Ann McGee:
Marriage: July 13, 1816, Cumberland County, NJ.
More About David Dixon and Eleanor Carter:
Marriage: March 28, 1846, Perry County, Indiana.
Children of David Dixon and Mary Ann McGee are:
- +Amy T Dixon, b. Abt. 1815, New Jersey, d. Aft. 1887, Perry County, Indiana.
- +Nancy Anna Dixon, b. October 01, 1822, New Jersey, d. January 05, 1891, Perry County, Indiana.
- +David Dixon, Jr, b. Abt. 1825, New Jersey, d. 1886, Wabash County, IL.
- +Mary Elizabeth Dixon, b. January 27, 1827, New Jersey, d. October 16, 1911, Tobinsport, Perry County, Indiana.
- +Thomas Dixon, b. May 1830, Glouchester County, NJ, d. August 31, 1900, Perry County, Indiana.
- +Larner Blackmon Dixon, b. March 20, 1832, Glouchester County, NJ, d. August 07, 1906, Cannelton, Perry County, Indiana.
- +Ann Mariah Dixon, b. 1836, d. 1910.
- +James Wesley Dixon, b. 1838, d. 1864, Andersonville Prison, Civil War Prisoner.
- William Dixon, b. 1840, d. date unknown.