Robert C. Dorsey Family Home Page:Information about Jacob Wilhelm Frey
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Jacob Wilhelm Frey (b. 1813, d. 1847)Jacob Wilhelm Frey was born 1813 in Donnast, Germany, and died 1847 in Staunton, Macoupin County, Illinois.He married A Marie Hausam in Germany.
Notes for Jacob Wilhelm Frey:
Jacob Wilhelm Frey, was born in Donnast and learned the trade of a butcher, which he followed apart of each year, devoting the rest of his time to farming. In April, 1847, he took passage at Mannheim on a steamer for Havre and then embarked on a sail vessel, landing at New Orleans after an ocean voyage of sixty-two days. He was accompanied by his wife and five children, the eldest being the subject of this sketch. From New Orleans they came up to St. Louis, where the mother died ten days later. The father came to Staunton, this county, and leaving his children in care of their maternal uncles, Jacob and John Hausam, went to look for work. It was not long ere he fell ill and died, leaving his children orphaned in a strange land.
Portrait and Biographical Record of Macoupin County, Illinois containing Biographical Sketches of Prominent and Representative Citizens of the County together with Biographies of all the Governors of the State and of the Presidents of the United States.
Chicago; Biographical Publishing Company, 1891, page 619
Port of Departure: Le Havre, France
Ship Name: John Holland
Port of Arrival: New Orleans, Louisiana
Date: June 20, 1847
More About Jacob Wilhelm Frey and A Marie Hausam:
Children of Jacob Wilhelm Frey and A Marie Hausam are:
- Abraham Frey, b. August 8, 1833, Oggersheim, Bavaria, Germany, d. date unknown.
- +Anna Elizabeth Frey, b. April 22, 1836, Oggersheim, Bavaria, Germany, d. October 15, 1900, Gillespie, Macoupin County, Illinois.
- Jacob Frey, b. 1840, Oggersheim, Bavaria, Germany, d. date unknown.
- Johann Frey, b. 1842, Oggersheim, Bavaria, Germany, d. date unknown.
- Marie Frey, b. 1844, Oggersheim, Bavaria, Germany, d. date unknown.