Lincoln Greenberry Haggin's Family Tree:Information about Eva May Cross
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Eva May Cross (b. March 05, 1875, d. January 1968)Eva May Cross was born March 05, 1875 in Wakonda, Clay, South Dakota, and died January 1968 in Huron, Beadle, South Dakota.She married Walter Robert Hay on May 25, 1891 in ST. James, Cedar, Nebraska, son of Robert Hay and Edna Jane Haggin.
Notes for Eva May Cross:
She dyed her hair red.Huron South Dakota Newspaper Obit
Mrs. Ray Cross Dies Yesterday Mrs. Ray Cross of this city died in a local hospital yesterday morning from pneumonia after an illness of three weeks duration. Funeral services will be held at the Methodist Church at 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon, the Rev. Alfred Roe officiating. Interment will be made at the G.A.R. Cemetery. The Cross family came to this city about two weeks ago from Nebraska. Surviving Mrs. Cross are her husband and three year old daughter, May.
RITES THURSDAY FOR MRS. CROSS Resident For Two Years Died Last Monday
The Rev. Alfred E. Roe will conduct the funeral services for Mrs. Ray Cross to be held at the Methodist Church at 2:00 o'clock Thursday afternoon. Mrs. Cross died at 6:55 AM last Monday morning at a local hospital following a three week illness due to pneumonia. Interment will be made at the local cemetery. Mrs. Cross was nineteen years old at the time of her death and has been a resident of Devil's Lake for two years, coming here from Nebraska in 1926. She was married to Mr. Cross in November 1924 at Sioux City, Woodbury, Iowa. The deceased is survived by her husband and a three year old daughter, May. Her father and mother Mrs. E.M. Hay, five brothers and three sisters survive. The brothers are Robert, Henry, Walter and Fred Hay of this city and Clayton Hay of Milbank, South Dakota., the sisters, Mrs. H.L. Baker of East Grand Forks, Minn., Mrs. Harry Taylor of Killdeer, and Mrs. Ed Cross of this city. All plan to be in the city for the funeral tomorrow, according to word received Tuesday. Mrs. Cross' parents, three brothers and one sister also live in the city.
Card Of Thanks We wish to thank our friends and neighbors for their kind words of sympathy and acts of kindness during our recent sorrow in the death of our darling Eva May. We want to thank Captain and Mrs. Adin who read and the ladies who sang, also those who gave so many beautiful flowers and those who helped us so much in many other ways.
Mr. and Mrs. Fred Hay and family,Mr. and Mrs. Jack Uecker, Mr. and Mrs. Walter Hay and family, Mr. and Mrs. Ed Cross and girls, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Hay, Mr. and Mrs. John Singshein, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Hay, Jr., Mr. and Mrs. Robert Hay, Sr., Mr. and Mrs. Clayton Hay and family, Mrs. Anna Cross, Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Cross, Mr. and Mrs. Truman Cross.
More About Eva May Cross:
Census 1880: South Dakota, Clay County,10th District, 397.
Census 1900: South Dakota, Clay County, Meckling Township.
Census 1910: South Dakota, Clay County, Riverside Township.
Census 1920: North Dakota, Morton County, Mandan.
Census 1930: Freemont, Moody, South Dakota- page 3B.
More About Eva May Cross and Walter Robert Hay:
Marriage: May 25, 1891, ST. James, Cedar, Nebraska.
Children of Eva May Cross and Walter Robert Hay are:
- +Robert Noah Hay, b. March 24, 1892, St. James, Cedar, Nebraska, d. April 07, 1964, Illinois.
- +Clayton Sherman Hay, b. February 27, 1894, St. James, Cedar, Nebraska, d. January 28, 1977, Bigstone, Grant, South Dakota.
- +Nellie Odella Hay, b. August 06, 1895, Birchtree, Shannon, Missouri, d. September 08, 1987, East Grand Forks, Polk, Minnesota.
- +Fred William Hay, b. June 29, 1898, Gayville, Yankton, South Dakota, d. October 1965, Sterling, Whiteside, Illinois.
- +Ethel Edna Hay, b. March 11, 1900, Gayville, Yankton, South Dakota, d. October 18, 1991, South Dakota.
- +Lucille Emma Hay, b. December 21, 1903, Lodi, Clay, South Dakota, d. October 31, 1955, Huron, Beadle, South Dakota.
- +Walter Noel Hay, b. January 14, 1907, Hurley, Turner, South Dakota, d. May 19, 1972, Sioux Valley Hospital, Sioux Falls, Minnehaha, South Dakota.
- +Rosie May Hay, b. March 06, 1909, Davis, Turner, South Dakota, d. May 19, 1928, Huron, Beadle, South Dakota.
- +Henry Floyd Hay, b. September 12, 1911, Wakonda, Clay County, South Dakota, d. October 05, 1989, Westminster, Orange County, California.