Gordon Douglas:Information about Jean Rankin
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Jean Rankin (b. 1815, d. 18 Mar 1891)Jean Rankin (daughter of Peter Rankin and Janet McLaughlan) was born 1815 in Appin, Argyllshire, and died 18 Mar 1891 in Milton,Glasgow.She married John Campbell on 14 Jan 1836 in Ardcahattan, Argyllshire, son of Archibald Campbell and Janet Cochrane.
Notes for Jean Rankin:
Born around 1815 in Appin, Argyll. She was the daughter of Peter Rankin and Janet McLachlan. She married John Campbell or the banns were published on the 14th January 1836 in the parish of Ardchattan, Argyll. There are 7 birth/baptism records for her children in the parish of Eaglesham: Archibald 18th June 1837, Peter 16th June 1839, John 30th October 1840, Janet 31st December 1843, Jane 26th November 1848.Duncan 1st December 1850, Margaret Gibb Campbell 30th January 1853. At the time of the 1851 census she was living in Eaglesham, Renfrewshire with her husband, son (John 9) and daughters (Janet 7 and Jean 2). The transcript is not available. At the time of the 1861 census she was living in 2 Gilmour Street, Eaglesham with her husband, and daughter (Margaret 8). She died at 7.40 am on the 18th March 1891 at 43 Milton St, Glasgow aged 68. The cause of death was given as bronchitis. Her husbands occupation at this time was a ploughman.
More About Jean Rankin and John Campbell:
Marriage: 14 Jan 1836, Ardcahattan, Argyllshire.
Children of Jean Rankin and John Campbell are:
- +Jeanie Campbell, b. 26 Nov 1848, Eaglesham, Renfrewshire, d. 22 Aug 1909, Wishaw, Lanarkshire.
- Archiblad Campbell, b. 18 Jun 1837, Eaglesham, Renfrewshire.
- Peter Campbell, b. 16 Jun 1839, Eaglesham, Renfrewshire.
- John Campbell, b. 30 Oct 1840, Eaglesham, Renfrewshire.
- Janet Campbell, b. 31 Dec 1843, Eaglesham, Renfrewshire.
- Duncan Campbell, b. 01 Dec 1850, Eaglesham, Renfrewshire.
- Margaret Gibb Campbell, b. 30 Jan 1853, Eaglesham, Renfrewshire.