The Providence Township of Salisbury, NC: Just The Start:Information about Dock Earnhardt
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Dock Earnhardt (b. 12 Mar 1897, d. 05 May 1972)Dock Earnhardt (son of Henry Miles Earnhardt and Josephine Hopkins)4 was born 12 Mar 1897 in Salisbury, NC, and died 05 May 1972 in Union Luthern Church Cemetary, 4770 Bringle Ferry Road, Salisbury, NC28146.He married (1) Eva Mae Gaither.He married (2) Lola Hunsucker on 02 Mar 1957.
Notes for Dock Earnhardt:
Blue Eyes, Light hair
WWI US Army
Lived in Gold Hill on the 1930 Census
From the Salisbury Evening Post dated 5-6-1972 page 10:
Dock Earnhardt, 75, of Route 10, Salisbury, died at 11pm last night at Rowan Memorial Hospital.He had been in declining health for one year and seriously ill for one week.Death was attributed to cancer.Born March 12, 1897 in Rowan county he was the son of the late Henry M and Josephine Hopkins Earnhardt.A member ofUnion Lutheran Church, he was a veteran of World War I, serving in the US Army until his retirement in 1963, he was employed by Cone Mills.Preceded in death by his wife, the late Mrs Mae Earnhardt, who died Sept 22, 1955 he is survived by his widow, Mrs Lola Hunsucker Earnhardt whom he married on March 2, 1957.Other survivors include: three sons, Tommy W Earnhardt of Piedmont, SC, Bill R Earnhardtand James R both of Rt 10 one daughter Mrs Fred H Moore of 1331 Longview Ave, Salisbury, one brother Sam Earnhardt of Granite Quarry, two sister, Della Wyatt and Mrs Lillie Hartman both of Salisbury, five step children, Junior Hunsucker if Sarasota Fla, James Hunsucker, Clara Gray, Frank Hunsucker, all of Mt Gilead; Lou Little of Albemarle, five grandchildren, eight step grandchildren and seven great step grandchildren.The body will remain at Summersett Funeral Home until 3 pm Sunday, when itwill be brought to the home,The family will receive friends at the home Sunday from 7 to 9pm.The body then remain at the home until placed in the church sanctuary to minutes prior to the funeral services.
More About Dock Earnhardt and Lola Hunsucker:
Marriage: 02 Mar 1957
Children of Dock Earnhardt and Eva Mae Gaither are:
- Lucy May Ingle Earnhardt, b. 16 Jul 1921, Rowan County, d. 13 Apr 1927, Union Luthern Church Cemetary, 4770 Bringle Ferry Road, Salisbury, NC28146.
- +Catherine Elizabeth Earnhardt, b. 23 Sep 1926, Rowan County, NC,d., Union Luthern Church Cemetary, Bringle Ferry Road, Salisbury, BC.
- James R Earnhardt, b. 05 Jun 1932, Rowan County, NC.
- Tommy West Earnhardt, b. 14 Nov 1923, Rowan County, NC, d. 13 Jan 1988, Piedmont, Greenville, South Carolina.
Children of Dock Earnhardt and Lola Hunsucker are:
- Bill R Earnhardt.
- Catherine, b., Salisbury, NC, d. 23 Sep 1926, Union Luthern Church Cemetary, 4770 Bringle Ferry Road, Salisbury, NC28146.