The Providence Township of Salisbury, NC: Just The Start:Information about Caroline Goodman
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Caroline Goodman (b. 01 Dec 1817, d. 30 Oct 1855)Caroline Goodman (daughter of George Goodman and Elizabeth Hill) was born 01 Dec 1817 in Rowan County, and died 30 Oct 1855 in Golconda, Pope County, Illinois.She married Silas Earnhardt on 06 Apr 1837 in Rowan County, son of Johahn "John" Earnheart and Catharina Cauble.
Notes for Caroline Goodman:
Story per Karmen Earnheart:Her parents died when she was a child
Died on the way to Jonesboro, Illinois by covered wagon.Silas and 6 children turned back after she died to Rowan County, NC.She had an uncle named Henry that was a Lutheran preacher and was said to be able to quote most of the bible.
Information from Helen Ayers Earnhardt records (RPC): Died 10-30-1855 after they crossed the Ohio River at Golconda, IL on their way by covered wagon to Jonesboro, Union County, IL and was buried there on the Northwest of Gonconda IL on the north side of the graveyard a hickory at her head, a wild locust at her feet and a hickory at her side, being in Pope County, IL, leaving a husband and six living children and two dead.Silas turned the wagon around and came back to Rowan County with his family.
More About Caroline Goodman and Silas Earnhardt:
Marriage: 06 Apr 1837, Rowan County.
Children of Caroline Goodman and Silas Earnhardt are:
- Franklin Earnheart, b. 19 Sep 1839, d. 15 May 1848.
- Amarintha Earnhardt, b. 21 Dec 1840, d. 15 Jan 1846.
- +Carl Nathaniel Earnhardt, b. 26 Apr 1838, Salisbury, Rowan County, d. 10 Mar 1918, Mt Zion Cemetery, Union County, Illinois.
- Silas Lorenza Earnhardt, b. 01 Jan 1843, Salisbury, Rowan County, d. 24 Oct 1902, Union County, Illinois.
- +Rev Turner Earnheart, b. 21 Nov 1846, Salisbury, Rowan County, d. 26 Apr 1929, Fairlawn Cemetery, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- +Julius Earnhardt, b. 13 Feb 1849, Salisbury, Rowan County, d. 31 Jan 1911, Union County, Illinois.
- +Laura Elizabeth Earnhardt, b. 13 Aug 1851, Salisbury, Rowan County, d. 27 Sep 1937.
- +Daniel Luther Earnhardt, b. 22 Apr 1854, Salisbury, Rowan County, d. 13 Dec 1928, Maplewood Cemetery, Durham, North Carolina.