My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Benjamin Eaton, Jr.
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Benjamin Eaton, Jr. (b. Abt. 1663, d. Bet. April 23 - December 07, 1745)Benjamin Eaton, Jr.2002 was born Abt. 1663 in Plymouth, MA2002, and died Bet. April 23 - December 07, 1745 in Kingston, MA2003.He married Mary Coombs on December 18, 1689 in Plymouth, MA2004, daughter of John Coombs, Jr. and Elizabeth Royall?.
Notes for Benjamin Eaton, Jr.:
Benjamin Eaton is a grandson of Mayflower Pilgrim Francis Eaton.He married Mary Coombs, a descendant of Mayflower Pilgrim Degory Priest.
From, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations, Vol. 9 (Francis Eaton), p. 12-13:
On 29 March 1714 Benjamin Eaton of Plympton, carpenter, gave to son Jabesh Eaton of Plympton lands in Plympton.
From Mayflower Families Through Five Generations, Vol. 8 (Degory Priest), p. 41:
The will of Benjamin Eaton of Kingston, housewright, dated 23 April 1745, proved 7 Dec. 1745, gives to oldest son William lands from his home estate and "whereas I look upon my son William Eaton non compos mentis" these lands were to revert to his brothers Benjamin and David "if they take care of (William) and provide for him,,,during his Natural life"; to his sons John, Benjamin, David he devised lands, his pew in the meeting house and his carpenter & joiner tools; to sons Francis and Elisha cash bequests or equivalent; and to "the children of my daughter Sarah Cushman"; to the dau. Mary Soule; to dau. Elizabeth Sturtevant; and to the children of dau. Hannah Bryant deceased amounts which what had been given away by Benjamin Eaton previously to make the "full share"; son Benjamin executor.
On 15 June 1748, distribution was made of "that part of the Real Estate that was not Particularly bequesthed & given away to Benjamin Eaton, late of Kingston, dec'd 1/9 part of Michel Bryant and March Leach the wife of Nathaniel Leach, children of Hannah Bryant, deceased; "whereas Capt. John Loreing of Plympton hath brought the several rights in said land that did belong to Mary Soul the wife of Zechariah Soule; the right of son Francis Eaton deceaded; the ninth part in the right of his daughter Elizabeth Sturtevant the wife of Benja Bryant deceased, wherefore."Capt. John Loring received 4/9ths and 1/2 of 1/9th part.
More About Benjamin Eaton, Jr. and Mary Coombs:
Marriage: December 18, 1689, Plymouth, MA.2004
Children of Benjamin Eaton, Jr. and Mary Coombs are:
- William Eaton, b. June 01, 1691, Plymouth, MA2005, d. Bet. April 23, 1745 - June 15, 17482005.
- Hanna Eaton, b. February 10, 1691/92, Plymouth, MA2005, d. date unknown.
- Jabez Eaton, b. February 08, 1692/93, Plymouth, MA2005, d. May 19, 1722, Plympton, MA2006.
- Sarah Eaton, b. October 20, 1695, Plymouth, MA2007, d. date unknown.
- John Eaton, b. October 06, 1697, Plymouth, MA2007, d. date unknown.
- Benjamin Eaton, b. Abt. 1698, Plymouth, MA2007, d. date unknown.
- Mary Eaton, b. Abt. 1699, Plymouth, MA2007, d. date unknown.
- Francis Eaton, b. Abt. 1700, Plymouth, MA2008, d. date unknown.
- +Elisha Eaton, b. 1702, Plymouth, MA2009, 2010, d. April 22, 1764, Harpswell, ME2011.
- Elizabeth Eaton, b. Bet. 1703 - 1708, Plymouth, MA2012, d. date unknown.
- David Eaton, b. Abt. 1708, Plymouth, MA2012, d. date unknown.