The Kilbourne/Boyd/Dixon/Breithut /Ohaus Families:Information about John Dixon
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Dixon (b. 14 Jan 1749/50, d. 08 Aug 1809)John Dixon (son of William Dixon)183 was born 14 Jan 1749/50 in Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, England184, and died 08 Aug 1809 in Rye, N.Y..He married Elizabeth Purdy on 16 Oct 1783 in New York , N.Y.185.
Notes for John Dixon:
JOHN DIXON came to America as a British officer during the Revolution, which took place between April 19, 1775, the Battle of Lexington, and November 26, 1783, the withdrawal of British troops from New York.He married ELIZABETH PURDY, an American, in New York, and he spent the remainder of his days in New York.
Note: The Christening date and place listed below is correct only if he is the John Dixon shown on the record referred to in the notes for William Dixon.
More About John Dixon:
Christening: 20 Jan 1749/50, Newburn, Northumberland, England..
More About John Dixon and Elizabeth Purdy:
Marriage: 16 Oct 1783, New York , N.Y..185
Children of John Dixon and Elizabeth Purdy are:
- Catherine Dixon, d. 08 May 1865.
- Thomas Dixon, d. 08 May 1858.
- +John Dixon, b. 09 Oct 1784, Rye, Westchester County,NY, d. 06 Jul 1876, Dixon, IL.
- James Purdy Dixon, b. 07 Feb 1789, Rye, NY, d. 18 Dec 1878.
- Elijah Guion Dixon, b. 1793, Rye, NY, d. 16 Oct 1845.
- Eliza Dixon, b. Abt. 1794, d. date unknown.
- +Elizabeth Dixon, b. 22 Feb 1796, Rye, NY186, 187, d. 14 Oct 1875, Princeton, IL188, 189.
- Phebe B. Dixon, b. 08 Feb 1799, d. 30 Aug 1886.
- Margaret Lydia Dixon, b. 24 May 1799, d. 06 Jan 1872.
- Mary J. Dixon, b. 18 Oct 1804, d. 08 Sep 1849.