CORSON, WESCOTT, MULLIN, BERRY, AVERILL, LINDSAY OF MAINE:Information about William Averill
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
William Averill (b. Abt. 1595, d. Bet. June 03, 1652 - March 29, 1653)William Averill (son of Nicholas Averill and Dorcas) was born Abt. 1595 in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, England, UK, and died Bet. June 03, 1652 - March 29, 1653 in Ipswich, Essex County, Massachusetts.He married Abigail Hinton on November 26, 1618 in St. Mary's Church,Chipping North,England.
Notes for William Averill:
Estate of William Averill of Ipswich
Essex Probate Docket # None
The will of William Averill of Ipswich was proved March 29, 1653.
I William Averill of Ipswich being weake in bodye but of perfect memorye doe make this my last will & testament.
First. I doe bequeath my body to the earth to be deasently buryed in the burying place of Ipswich, my speret into the hands of my Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ. And for my outward estate being but small, I doe give unto my children each of them, being seaven in number the sum of five shillings apeece & the rest of my estate my debts being discharged I give unto Abigail my wife whom I make my sole executrix of this my last will.
In witness heerof I have heerunto sett my hand & seale the 3d of the 4th mo. 1652.
Source: From a copy made by Joshua Coffin and printed in:
"The Essex Antiquarian" Vol. 5, p. 30
More About William Averill:
Burial: Unknown, Ipswich, Essex, MA.
Immigration: Bet. September 1634 - March 02, 1637/38, Ipswich, Essex, MA .
Occupation: 1634, Bailiff MiscChipping Norton, Oxfordshire, England, UK.
Will: March 29, 1653, See notes.
More About William Averill and Abigail Hinton:
Marriage: November 26, 1618, St. Mary's Church,Chipping North,England.
Children of William Averill and Abigail Hinton are:
- Abigail Averill, b. October 17, 1619, d. date unknown.
- Mary Averill, b. October 14, 1621, d. date unknown.
- Hanna Averill, b. September 28, 1623, d. date unknown.
- +William Averill, b. June 26, 1625, Chipping Norton, Oxford County, England, d. April 23, 1691, Topsfield, Essex County, Massachusetts.
- +Sarah Averill, b. 1627, Chipping, Oxford, England, d. July 19, 1692, Salem Mass.
- +Thomas Averill, b. 1635, d. date unknown.
- John Averill, b. 1638, d. date unknown.