| || |
Notes for Clement Aldridge:
In this record, Clement's name is spelled ARLEDGE. These Northumberland County VA court records were sent to me by Patricia Daniels, Jan 26, 1997 via email:
1. Court18mar.1702/3, page 243. Clement Arledge and Mary his wife vs. John Conway.
2. Court 21 Sept 1699, page 66. Motion of Clem't Arledge, probate to him of the last will of Eliz. Arledge his wife, proved by Edw'd Barnes and Hugh Staten. (Question: Could this event refer to Clement Arledge/Aldridge Sr., who also had a wife Elizabeth Tills? I have a possible death date for the older Clement of 1698/99.)
3. Court Aug. 18 1703, page 257. Clement Arledge and Mary his wife Relict of Dennis Eyes who bequeathed in his Last will a plantation to John Conway and Mary entitle to her thirds of Dower and Conway to be summoned to the next court.
4. Court 20 Mar 1705/6, page 372. Pet. of Mary Arledge, a Com. of Adm. to her on the Est. of her de'cd husband Clement Arledge, with will annexed.
5. Court 23 Nov 1706, page 419. Capt. John Cralle vs. Jonathan Palfrey and Mary his wife late Mary Arledge Admx. of Clement Arledge dec'd, dismissed.
6. Court 15 Aug 1711, page 747. Clement and Mary Arledge deed of sale to Patrick Malery. (Question: Why is this sale dated 1711 AFTER Clement and Mary had died?)
Will proved on this date, not actual death.
Notes for Mary Donaldson:
She was the widow successively of John Donaldson and Dennis Eyes. She survived Clement and married a fourth time to Jonathan Palfrey.
Marriage Notes for Clement Aldridge and Mary Donaldson:
This marriage occurred sometime between 20 April 1699 and 18 March 1702.