My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Rupert Vance Hartke
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Senator Rupert Vance Hartke (b. May 31, 1919, d. July 27, 2003)Rupert Vance Hartke (son of Hugo Leonard Hartke and Ida Mary Egbert) was born May 31, 1919 in at home, Stendal, Indiana, Saturday, and died July 27, 2003 in Falls Church, Virginia.He married Martha Jane Tiernan on June 14, 1942 in Indianapolis, Indiana, daughter of Edward Aloyious Tiernan and Margaret Bussen.
More About Rupert Vance Hartke:
Burial: September 2003, Arlington National Cemetary, Washington, D.C..
Education: J.D. - Dr. of Jurisprudence (attorney).
Elected 1: 1956, Mayorof Evansville, Indiana.
Elected 2: November 1958, United States Senator, Indiana.
Elected 3: November 1964, United States Senator, Indiana.
Elected 4: November 1970, United States Senator, Indiana.
More About Rupert Vance Hartke and Martha Jane Tiernan:
Marriage: June 14, 1942, Indianapolis, Indiana.
Marriage Fact: June 12, 1946, Vance's parents didn't like a Catholic wedding.
Children of Rupert Vance Hartke and Martha Jane Tiernan are:
- +Sandra Jane Hartke, b. August 09, 1944, Navy Hospital, New London, Connecticut.
- +Jan Alan Hartke, b. March 20, 1946, Bloomington, Indiana.
- +Wayne Richard Hartke, b. March 24, 1948, Bloomington, Indiana.
- Keith Leslie Hartke, b. July 07, 1951, Evansville, Indiana.
- +Paul Vance Hartke, b. February 17, 1954, Evansville, Indiana.
- +Anita Ruth Hartke, b. November 21, 1959, Georgetown Hospital, Washington, D. C..
- Nadine Joyce Hartke, b. December 09, 1961, Washington, D. C..