Anthony & Lesley Green Home Page:Information about Emma Florence Aslet
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Emma Florence Aslet (b. November 26, 1875, d. July 5, 1945)Emma Florence Aslet (daughter of Richard Aslet and Emma Shaw) was born November 26, 1875 in London, England, and died July 5, 1945 in Mere Green, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire, England.She married John Pidoux on August 13, 1901 in Birmingham, England, son of John Pidoux and Clara Tomlin.
Notes for Emma Florence Aslet:
Emma Florence Aslet disliked her given names and her husband (my grandfather) always called her "Susan". When her sister Minnie (my great aunt "Little Auntie Minnie") visited her, I noticed that she called my grandmother "Ma" which I presume was her nickname for Emma. However, as a child I was told by my mother that her grandparents called their two eldest children "Dickie" and "Birdie". My grandmother was quite short and jokingly prided herself that she was the same height as Queen Victoria, 4' 11". As I remember her when she was in her sixties, she was rather stout with brown hair worn in a bun. She wore glasses and wore her skirts rather long as older women did. She was quite musical, sang to herself around the house and had played the banjo or mandolin (I am not sure which) in Grandpa's orchestra. Possibly she had been one of his pupils and that may have been how they met. She taught me to play the piano at the age of about seven or eight, then my grandfather sold the piano to my parents so that I could play it at home.
More About Emma Florence Aslet and John Pidoux:
Marriage: August 13, 1901, Birmingham, England.
Children of Emma Florence Aslet and John Pidoux are:
- +John Leslie Pidoux, b. June 17, 1902, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire, d. September 1989, Belleville, Ontario, Canada.
- +Charles Pidoux, b. September 13, 1903, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire, d. August 24, 1978, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- +Doris Pidoux, b. September 28, 1904, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire., d. April 10, 1989, Landbeach, Cambridge, England.
- +Donald Pidoux, b. April 28, 1906, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire, Eng., d. Abt. 1985, Birmingham, England.
- Phyllis Pidoux, b. April 8, 1913, Mere Green, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire.