My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Henry Kerley II
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Henry Kerley II (b. 1750, d. Abt. 1836)Henry Kerley II (son of Henry Kerley) was born 1750 in Albermarle County, Virginia, and died Abt. 1836 in Waynesboro, Wayne County, Tenn.He married (1) Sarah Garrett.He married (2) Millie Platt.
Notes for Henry Kerley II:
Reference Number: 1288
LDS Ancestral File Number: NN5F-57 has date of birth as 1758
Wanda Weaver Walters has year of birth as 1758
also http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncburke/ncbquery.htm by [email protected]
Harriett Jones has date of birth as 1750 in Henrico County, VA
From the Kerley-Warlick Genealogy and Family History 1600-1992 Compiled by Harriet Elizabeth Jones Davis page 9 written by Alonzo Commodore Kerley
"Henry Kerley lived on the Linville River in Burke County during the Revolutionary War and served in the Battle of Kings Mountain in 1780. His children grew up there, and one by one the older boys went 'out west' to Tennessee. Only the younger children were still at home. Aaron Kerley born in 1800 was the youngest child. His mother died when he was in his middle teens and a year or so later his father 'began looking around' as Grandma expressed it. He selected a lady of the neighborhood for his spouse. That didn't suit Aaron one bit, he put up a howl with no soft pedals.
The howl stopped the affair for a while. When young Aaron was approaching his eighteenth year his father, Henry Kerley, informed the young man that he was going to marry that woman. Aaron objected. Henry Kerley sold his farm, bundled up some household necessities, and left for Waynesboro, Tenn, near the Alabama line. He never returned to Burke County.
Henry Kerley died there in 1836."
Title: Genealogy report by Wanda Weaver Walters
Author: Wanda W Walters, Casper, WY
Publication: Dated May 6, 1993-Private Publication
Note: Wanda Walters was the granddaughter of Robert Lewis Woodson Kerley and daughter of Samuel Bedford and Alyce Chism Kerley Weaver
Note: Unknown-did not give sources
Text: Family Group Record 64
More About Henry Kerley II:
Burial: 1836, Tennesee.
Children of Henry Kerley II and Sarah Garrett are:
- +William Kerley, b. 13 Jul 1783, Albemarle, Virginia, USA234, d. 30 Jun 1865, Macon, Tennessee, USA234, 234.
- Levinah Kerley, b. 12 Apr 1785, Virginia, d. Aft. 1851, Wayne County, TN.
- James Eldon Kerley, b. 26 Mar 1787, Albemarle, Virginia, d. 04 May 1854, Trousdale, Macon County.
- Lewis Kerley, b. 08 Dec 1788, Surry County, NC, d. Abt. 1864, Johnson County Illinois.
- Elizabeth Kerley, b. 15 Aug 1791, Surry County, NC, d. Aft. 1854.
- Benjamin Kerley, b. 16 Dec 1793, Surry County, NC, d. 12 May 1803.
- John Kerley, b. 16 Apr 1796, Burke County, NC, d. 1866, Hardeman County, Tenn.
- Daniel Kerley, b. 27 Jun 1797, Albemarle County, VA, d. 25 Dec 1884, Hartsville, Macon County, TN.
- Henry Kerley, b. 05 Dec 1798, Burke County, NC, d. 12 Mar 1878, Randolph County, ARK.
- Aaron Kerley, b. 17 Apr 1800, Burke County, NC, d. 12 Mar 1878, Johns River, Morganton, Burke County, NC.
Children of Henry Kerley II and Millie Platt are:
- James Kerley, d. date unknown.