The Raymond L. Hilliard Of East Liverpool, Ohio:Information about Amos Wilkinson
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Amos Wilkinson (b. April 1749, d. October 11, 1833)Amos Wilkinson64 was born April 1749 in Philadelphia, Pa., and died October 11, 1833 in BEAVER County Pa..He married Marcy Mercy Carpenter on August 6, 1772 in CHRIST CHURCH, PHILADELPHIA, PENNA.
Notes for Amos Wilkinson:
The following information was taken from a letter written to Mrs E.B. Fritchman, of Sebring Ohio, September 8th ,1888.Madam:I advise you from the papers in the Revolutionary War pension claim, S.6431, it appears that Amos Wilkinson was Commissioned in March 1776, Lieutenant in Captain Josiah Harmar's Company, Colonel John P. De Haas' Pennsylvania Regiment and was in the battles of Three Rivers, Lake Champlain, and Trenton and served until March 14 1777.When he was commissioned Captain of Artillery in Colonel Thomas Proctor's Regiment and served until in 1780 and was in the battles of Brandywine and Germantown.In 1780 he entered as Lieutenant under Captain Joshua Barney on board United States brig "Hyder Ally" was in the engagement with the British ship "General Monk" which they captured and converted it into a packet ship called the "General Washington" which was commanded by said Captain Barney, soldier was transferred to this ship and continued to serve on until the spring of 1783, when he retired from service.He was allowed pension on his application executed April 13, 1818, while a resident of Beaver County,Pennsylvania,aged seventy years.He died in said county October 11, 1833.Soldier's widow Marcy [maiden name, date and place of marriage not stated] died January 14 1836.The following children were living in 1847: Elizabeth, widow of Benjamin Dawson; Mary widow of Robert Dowthit; Marcy wife of John Thompson, all of whom were living in Columbiana County, Ohio and Benoni Wilkinson of Beaver County, Pennsylvania.In 1820, a grandson, Benoni is referred to as nine years of age, his surname is not given.Respectfully,WINFIELD SCOTTCommissioner.
More About Amos Wilkinson:
Date born 2: April 1749, PA.64
Burial: Old Georgetown Cementery, Georgetown, Pa..
Died 2: November 10, 1833, PA.64
More About Amos Wilkinson and Marcy Mercy Carpenter:
Marriage 1: August 6, 1772, CHRIST CHURCH, PHILADELPHIA, PENNA.
Marriage 2: August 6, 1772, PA.64
Children of Amos Wilkinson and Marcy Mercy Carpenter are:
- Catherine Wilkinson, b. August 21, 177064, d. WFT Est. 1771-186464.
- Margaret Wilkinson, b. November 15, 1776, Pa., d. WFT Est. 1777-186664.
- John Wilkinson, b. August 12, 1778, Beaver County, Pa., d. WFT Est. 1779-186864.
- +Elizabeth Wilkinson, b. March 23, 178064, d. April 15, 1868, Columbiana County, Ohio.
- Ollivia Wilkinson, b. February 19, 1782, Beaver County, Pa,.
- Joshua Wilkinson, b. January 1787, d. WFT Est. 1788-187764.
- Mary Wilkinson, b. March 10, 1790, Pa., d. Aft. 1847, Columbiana County, Ohio.
- +Benoni Wilkinson, b. October 7, 1796, Philadelphia, Pa., d. June 24, 1874, BEAVER County Pa..
- +Mercy Wilkinson, b. August 25, 1800, Beaver County, Pa,.
- Olive Wilkinson, b. February 19, 178264, d. WFT Est. 1783-187664.
- Marcy Wilkinson, b. August 25, 180064, d. WFT Est. 1801-189464.