The Roy L. Black Family:Information about John Carter
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Carter (b. Abt. 1714, d. Bef. October 06, 1755)John Carter (son of Unknown Carter) was born Abt. 1714 in Cape Elizabeth, York County, Maine, and died Bef. October 06, 1755 in Scarborough, York County, Maine.He married Hannah Sands on January 27, 1736/37 in Scarborough or Biddleford, Maine, daughter of James Sands and Emma Jepson.
Notes for John Carter:
Excerpted from Genealogical work by Fred Carter, 1980:
He lived at Black Point Parish, Scarborough, between Oak Hill and Pleasant Hill, perhaps a mile north of Scarborough Beach Station. He was a Blacksmith by trade and was a member of Major Cuetts Co. at Louisburg, 1745-46. They may have lived at Damiscotta, Maine for a short time. His will dated Scarborough, Maine, June 30, 1753, proved October 6, 1755, inventory 89 lb. 1 ? ?.7 d. by Andrew Libby, Samuel Small and Fergus Hagens, Appraisers. Information obtained from Maine Wills, Sedgwick Vital Records, Deer Island Records - Settlers and Settlements East of Penobscot Bay.
Note: Scarborough, Cumberland County, Maine is now known as Cape Elizabeth, York County, Maine.
More About John Carter and Hannah Sands:
Marriage: January 27, 1736/37, Scarborough or Biddleford, Maine.
Children of John Carter and Hannah Sands are:
- +James Carter, b. February 11, 1739/40, Scarborough, Cumberland County, Maine, d. July 20, 1818.
- John Carter, b. 1738, Scarborough, Cumberland County, Maine, d. date unknown.
- +Ephram Carter, b. February 1741/42, Scarborough, Cumberland County, Maine, d. date unknown.
- Thomas Carter, b. 1744, d. date unknown.
- Henry Carter, b. October 12, 1746, d. date unknown.
- Joanna Carter, b. February 05, 1748/49, d. date unknown.
- Hannah Carter, b. February 08, 1750/51, d. date unknown.
- Abigail Carter, b. August 25, 1754, d. date unknown.