The Gang's All Here In Cincinnati Ohio:Information about Jefferson Slaven
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Jefferson Slaven (b. 03 Jul 1849, d. 26 Jul 1908)
Jefferson Slaven (son of Absalom Slaven and Elizabeth Betty J Woods) was born 03 Jul 1849 in Parch Corn, Scott Co, TN, and died 26 Jul 1908 in Crossroads, Scott Co, TN.He married (1) Jane Crabtree on Bef. 1866.He married (2) Barzilla Phillips on 26 May 1866 in Scott Co TN, daughter of Thomas Phillips and Rachel West.
Notes for Jefferson Slaven:
Civil War Pension File states that he was shot to death by Frank Musgrove. Jefferson came into his son-in-law Frank's store at the Cross Roads in TN and started arguing. Jefferson ended up slashing Frank's face and left him for dead. Frank managed to get the gun and shot him off of his horse [per Frank's grandson(Aubrey Cordell,Jr)]
More About Jefferson Slaven:
Burial: Unknown, Hamby Spradlin Graveyard, Crossroads/Chimney Rock, Oneida, Scott Co,TN.
Military service: Co I, 30 Ky. Inf. / Civil War.
More About Jefferson Slaven and Jane Crabtree:
Marriage: Bef. 1866
More About Jefferson Slaven and Barzilla Phillips:
Marriage: 26 May 1866, Scott Co TN.
Children of Jefferson Slaven and Barzilla Phillips are:
- +Tabytha "Tabby" Slaven, b. 03 Feb 1878, Parch Corn, Winfield Co, TN, d. 29 Oct 1966, Scott Co Hospital, Oneida, Scott Co, TN.
- +Absalom Slaven, b. 02 Sep 1869, Parch Corn, Winfield Co, TN, d. 21 Jun 1931, Stearns, McCreary Co, KY.
- Rachel Elizabeth Slaven, b. 01 Jan 1870, Parch Corn, Winfield Co, TN, d. 11 Jan 1948, Cincinnati, Hamilton Co,OH.
- Emanuel Slaven, b. 30 Jan 1873, Parch Corn, Winfield Co, TN, d. 28 Jul 1955, Manhattan, Riley Co,KS.
- Sarah "SallY" Slaven, b. 02 Jun 1875, d. 16 Sep 1913, Newberry, Greene Co, IN.
- Emerine Slaven, b. 20 Aug 1882, Parch Corn, Winfield Co, TN, d. 26 Apr 1899, Oneida, Scott Co, TN.
- James Henry Slaven, b. 22 Sep 1887, Silerville Strunk, Whitley Co,KY, d. 07 Jun 1949, Odon, Davies Co, IN.