James Hooks of MS - Robert Young of NC:Information about Richard Young
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Richard Young (b. Abt. 1813, d. Bef. 1846)Richard Young (son of Robert Young and Celia 'Selah' 'Sealey' Strickland)8729, 8730, 8731 was born Abt. 1813 in North Carolina (?), and died Bef. 1846 in Randolph County, Georgia8732, 8733.He married (1) Emily Long on Abt. 1833 in Georgia.He married (2) Lucinda ? on Abt. 1843 in Georgia (?).
Notes for Richard Young:
At the time of his election as a county tax assessor, Richard Young and family lived and owned what had previously been known as Blake's or Triplett's Ferry. Richard had bought the property from Triplett when the county seat of Randolph county moved to Wedowee.
24 May 1851. Hall County, Georgia. Will of his father, Robert Young. Mentioned in the will as being "deceased".
1838-1842. County Tax Assessor, Randolph County, Alabama.
More About Richard Young and Emily Long:
Marriage: Abt. 1833, Georgia.
More About Richard Young and Lucinda ?:
Marriage: Abt. 1843, Georgia (?).
Children of Richard Young and Emily Long are:
- Emily Young, b. Abt. 1834, Georgia (?), d. date unknown.
- Robert Clinton Young, b. October 15, 1836, Alabama8734, d. March 26, 1929, Hall County, Georgia (?)8734.
- +Matthew Toliver Young, b. March 12, 1838, Alabama8735, 8736, 8737, 8738, 8739, d. December 29, 1911, Hall County, Georgia (?)8740.
- Elizabeth Young, b. 1839, Alabama8741, d. date unknown.
Children of Richard Young and Lucinda ? are:
- Mary Ann Young, b. Abt. 1844, Georgia (?), d. date unknown.