The Bryan K. Hughes' of Michigan Center, Michigan:Information about Katherine B. Hughes
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Katherine B. Hughes (b. May 08, 1885, d. January 01, 1946)Katherine B. Hughes (daughter of George William Hughes and Mary Ann Russell) was born May 08, 1885 in Casey County, Kentucky, and died January 01, 1946 in Jackson, Michigan.She married (1) William Nicholson.She married (2) Lauren Ball.She married (3) Curtis Coffey.
Notes for Katherine B. Hughes:
After Kate had Addison, She had a daughter named Joan Bock who was adopted out.You might wonder why Kate would adopt out one child but keep all the other ones.Well family legend has it that a couple wanted a baby very badly and evidently had enough clout to get what they wanted.Kate had a baby girl and someone brought her papers to sign.Kate couldn't read but could write her name, she obediently signed the paper.What she didn't know was that she was signing away her rights to the baby girl.Joan now has a son.
Children of Katherine B. Hughes and Lauren Ball are:
- James Edward Ball.
- Leon Ball, b. August 25, 1927, d. September 07, 1982, Colorado.
Children of Katherine B. Hughes and Curtis Coffey are:
- +Mary Coffey, b. September 20, 1903, Kentucky, d. March 06, 1968, Jackson, Michigan.
- +James Madison Coffey.
- +Lillian Coffey.
- +Marie Rose Coffey.
- +Addison Edward Coffey, b. April 12, 1914, Broadhead, Rockcastle County, Kentucky, d. November 10, 1979, Jackson, Michigan.
- Gladys Coffey, d. January 02, 1949, Jackson, Michigan.
- +Glendola Coffey, b. December 24, 1920, d. February 25, 1994, Jackson, Michigan.