My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Jesse Wendell Brooks
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Jesse Wendell Brooks (b. September 26, 1858, d. July 21, 1920)Jesse Wendell Brooks (son of Jesse Royce Brooks and Louisa Amelia Smith) was born September 26, 1858 in Cheshire, New Haven, Connecticut, farm purchased from Indians, and died July 21, 1920 in Presbyterian Hospital, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois.He married Louisa Bissell Upham on May 16, 1884 in Brooklyn, NY, by Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, daughter of Nathan Upham and Louisa Sophia Bissell.
More About Jesse Wendell Brooks:
Burial: Unknown, Graceland Cemetary, Chicago, Illinois.
Census 1: 1880, Cheshire, New Haven, Connecticut.
Census 2: 1910, Wheaton, Milton Twp, DuPage, Illinois.
Census 3: 1920, Wheaton, Milton Twp, DuPage, Illinois.
Education: Rutgers University; Union Theological Seminary; PhD New York University.
Occupation 1: 1920, Clergyman, Tract Society.
Occupation 2: 1910, Clergyman, Congregation.
Religion: Congregational; Reformed Church.
More About Jesse Wendell Brooks and Louisa Bissell Upham:
Marriage: May 16, 1884, Brooklyn, NY, by Rev. Henry Ward Beecher.
Children of Jesse Wendell Brooks and Louisa Bissell Upham are:
- Jesse Roswell Brooks, b. March 19, 1885, Bay Shore, Long Island, New York, d. August 23, 1885, Bay Shore, Long Island, New York.
- +Wendell Stanton Brooks, b. July 24, 1886, Bay Shore, New York, d. March 21, 1961, Onekama, MI.
- Harry Nathan Brooks, b. April 09, 1888, Bay Shore, Long Island, New York, d. Aft. 1938.
- Stanley Brooks, b. March 1890, Bay Shore, Long Island, New York, d. Abt. 1890.
- +Earnest Cecil Brooks, b. January 08, 1891, Brooklyn, New York, d. April 16, 1981, Holland, Ottawa, Michigan.
- +Phillips Brooks, b. February 14, 1893, Brooklyn, NY or Bay Shore Long Island, NY, d. June 21, 1977, Zeeland, Michigan.
- Jessie Louise Brooks, b. January 04, 1897, Illinois, d. April 1983, Battle Creek, Michigan.
- +Beatrice Myra Brooks, b. March 21, 1900, Irving Park, Cook, IL, d. March 12, 1992, Kalamazoo, MI144.
- +Bernice Marie Brooks, b. March 21, 1900, Irving Park, Cook, Illinois, d. March 1979, Kalamazoo, MI.