"William Thomas Mounterville James":Information about Thomas Scott
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Thomas Scott (b. Abt. 1730, d. Abt. 1770)Thomas Scott2761, 2761 was born Abt. 1730 in Pittsylvania Co. VA2761, 2761, and died Abt. 1770 in Pittsylvania Co. VA2761, 2761.He married (1) Susanna Payne in Pittsylvania County, VA.He married (2) Unknown first wife on Abt. 1751 in Pittsylvania County, VA.
Notes for Thomas Scott:
"HISTORY OF JOHN SCOTT 1761 - 1843"
by KENNETH R. SCOTT
IN THE BEGINNING ----------------- THOMAS SCOTT
IN A 1777 PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY, VA COURT ORDER UNDER THOMAS SCOTT (DECEASED) PROOF IS FURNISHED THAT SUSANA, THE WIDOW OF THOMAS SCOTT AND THE EXECUTRIX OF HIS ESTATE, HAD MARRIED SMALLWOOD COGHILL MARLOW AND HAD BROUGHT SUIT AGAINST NIMROD SCOTT ; "WHO HATH TAKEN AND RETAINED THREE SLAVES, WHICH WERE DEVISED BY THE SAID TESTATOR TO SAID SUSANA FOR THE BRINGING UP AND MAINTAINING THE SAID TESTATOR'S CHILDREN, AS IN HIS LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT APPEARETH."
The children of Thomas Scott and his first wife were minors at the death of both their parents. Nimrod on reaching the lawful age was granted all land and possessions. Marlow was charged with embezzlement and ordered to jail.
More About Thomas Scott and Susanna Payne:
Marriage: Pittsylvania County, VA.
More About Thomas Scott and Unknown first wife:
Marriage: Abt. 1751, Pittsylvania County, VA.
Children of Thomas Scott and Unknown first wife are:
- +Nimrod Scott, Sr., b. Abt. 1752, Pittsylvania Co., VA2761, d. 1800, Cumberland, Kentucky, USA2761.
- Isaac Scott, b. 1756, Pittsylvania Co., VA, d. date unknown.
- +William Scott, Sr, b. Abt. 1757, Pittsylvania Co., VA, d. date unknown.
- +Anne Scott, b. 1758, Pittsylvania Co., VA2761, d. Aft. 1840, Overton County, TN2761.
- +John Scott, b. 1761, Pittsylvania Co., VA2761, 2761, 2761, d. 24 Mar 1843, Cumberland Co. KY2761, 2761.
- Jacob Scott, b. 1770, Pittsylvania Co., VA2761, 2762, d. 1835, Cumberland, Kentucky, USA2763.