The Kalman D. Kalstein Family from New York City:Information about Elchanan Joseph Rudnick
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Elchanan Joseph Rudnick (b. Bet. 1865 - 1869, d. August 13, 1938)Elchanan Joseph Rudnick (son of Louis Rudnick and Bella Shapiro) was born Bet. 1865 - 1869 in Kreva, WhiteRussia-Poland, and died August 13, 1938 in NYC74 Certificate # 7233.He married Sarah Oleskowitz (Elishkovitch) on Bet. 1890 - 1893 in Russia Poland, daughter of Jacob Oleskowitz(Elishkovitch) and Rifka Levine.
Notes for Elchanan Joseph Rudnick:
They came from a small Shetel called Krevo or Kreva in Belarus.Krevo is Between Minsk & Vilna,It is S.W. of Vilna and 101KL W. N.W. of Minsk .59.4 miles from Minisk5419 Lat.2617 Long
Zade, Joseph came to America in about 1903 or 1904, probably by him self. He then sent for the family to come to America in 1906. Buba, (Grandma came with all her children).Jack was born in the United States on Cherry St, inNew York City..Grandma lost a child in Europe at birth.
See manifest attached to file.
Joseph bought the farm in about 1916, in order to avoid the draft for the boys.The farm was in Colchester, Conn.5 miles from town. Farmwas given to Harry and Yetta.
Joseph was a Glasier and a Carpenter.Grandmother called Grandpa "Honna".
I remember thatas a child, we were always going to the farm for holidays and vacations.My father Max Kalstein and Anna use to pack the three kids up in the back of the car and drive half the night, to get to Harry and Yetta by the morning. My Dad would leave, after he closed the store at 10:00 PM, on a Sat. night, we would pack up, put everything in the car and drive all night, to go to Colchester.Uncle Harry and Aunt Yetta, would call us "the machuginas are here", when they opened the door, in their night shirts.They would shoo us off to bed to get a few hours of sleep and then in the morning everything was wonderful again."We were on the farm".
The whole Rudnick family had a grand time, when we were in Colchester.
More About Elchanan Joseph Rudnick:
Burial: August 14, 1938, Transferred from Montifiore, NY to Parmus, Cedar Park, NJ.
Buried:: Ceder Park,Paramus New Jersey.
More About Elchanan Joseph Rudnick and Sarah Oleskowitz (Elishkovitch):
Marriage: Bet. 1890 - 1893, Russia Poland.
Children of Elchanan Joseph Rudnick and Sarah Oleskowitz (Elishkovitch) are:
- +Harry Rudne, b. April 21, 1894, Vilna, Poland54, d. September 17, 1979, Hartford, Conn.54.
- +Rose Rudnick, Gitlin, Katzef, b. November 12, 1895, Vilna, Russia55, d. January 1979, Yonkers,New York(83)55.
- +Anna Rudnick, b. September 14, 1898, Russia, Poland56, d. December 3, 1982, Laurelton, Queens, New York (84)56.
- +Sam Rudnick, b. December 2, 1901, Russia, Poland, d. May 22, 1974, Yonkers, New Yorkage 73.
- +Benjamin Rudnick, b. May 5, 1904, Kreva, White Russia, d. date unknown.
- +Rae Rudnick, b. May 15, 1907, Krevo, Belarus, White Russia, d. July 31, 1996, 5AM in Tamarac Convalescent Home, Tamarac Fl..
- +Jacob Zelik Rudnick (Jack), b. December 7, 1908, 300 Cherry St., New York City57, d. December 21, 1982, New york City7457.