Kates-Thomsen Family Tree:Information about Emma Emelia Koyen
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Emma Emelia Koyen (b. 11 March 1853, d. 5 May 1925)Emma Emelia Koyen (daughter of Eduard (Edward) Vilhelm Koyen and Johanne Sophie Kofoed)34 was born 11 March 1853 in Rold, Aalborg, Jylland, Denmark34, and died 5 May 1925 in Reno, Nevada34.She married Ingvard Carl Edward Thomsen on 2 October 1870 in Perth Amboy, New Jersey34, son of Thomas Andersen and Ingeborg Nielsdatter.
Notes for Emma Emelia Koyen:
Alias: Emma Emilie Kögen
"Carl Thompson and Emma Emilie Koyen lived in P erth Amboy before moving
to the island.They owned property there which they sold to the Danish
church in 1876.The deed says that Carl and Emilie were on the island
when the transfer was made.They also had a child in Perth Amb oy in
1874." - undated letter to Sylvia Landin from Eric Greenfeldt from the
notes of Jean Fox
From the Danish State Archive:Emilie Koyen traveled to America at the age of 16 with her sister Louise (age 26) on 6/9/1869.States birthplace as Aby in the county Vendsyssel.
Emma was the daughter of Eduard Vilhelm Koyen.She's buried at the Winnamuca Cemetary, Winnamuca, NV.Emma married Carl Christian (Ingvard Carl Edward) Thomsen and didn't leave Washington Island until sometime after all their children were born.Source:Teresa Young, email@example.comTeresa is Emma's gggrandaughter
According to Nevada Death Certificate:(State Index No. 468) Emma died at Reno Hospital on May 5, 1925.She had resided in Nevada for approx. 29 years and 6months.She died of acute uraemia.Secondary cause was acute mastoiditis-operation.
More About Emma Emelia Koyen:
Burial: 6 May 1925, Winnemucca Cemetary, Winnemucca, NV.
Unknown-Begin: 1869, Arrived in U.S. with sister (Louise)..35, 36
More About Emma Emelia Koyen and Ingvard Carl Edward Thomsen:
Marriage 1: 2 October 1870, Perth Amboy, New Jersey.36
Marriage 2: 2 October 187036
Children of Emma Emelia Koyen and Ingvard Carl Edward Thomsen are:
- +Jakob Fredrick Arthur "Jake" Thomsen, b. 17 November 1882, Washington Island, Door Co., Wisconsin36, d. 6 September 1950, Winnemucca, Humboldt Co., Nevada36.
- Sophie Thomsen, b. 2 July 1872, d. 1872.
- +Sophie Wilhelmme Thomsen, b. 27 September 1874, Washington Island, WI, d. 1 December 1931, Denio, NV.
- Thomas Andrew Thomsen, b. 9 January 1876, Washington Island, Door Co.,WI, d. 22 October 1946, Winnemucca, Humboldt Co., Nevada.
- Carl Alfred Thomsen, b. 20 December 1878, Washington Island, Door Co.,WI, d. 2 March 1935, Winnemucca, Humboldt Co., Nevada.
- Alma Emelie Thomsen, b. 5 April 1880, Washington Island, Door Co.,WI, d. 22 December 1948.
- Edward William Thomsen, b. 21 June 1886, Washington Island, Door Co.,WI, d. 24 November 1964.
- Louis Napoleon Thomsen, b. 27 April 1887, d. September 1961.
- +Grace May Augusta Thomsen, b. 5 May 1889, Washington Island,Door Co., WI, d. 16 June 1960, Fallon, NV.
- Ernest Glen Thomsen, b. 23 December 1891, Washington Island,Door Co., WI, d. 10 August 1929, San Fransisco, San Fransisco Co., CA.
- Alice "Dot" Christine Thomsen, b. 7 December 1895, d. 1972.