Kates-Thomsen Family Tree:Information about John Audeley Kegley
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Audeley Kegley (b. 6 May 1797, d. 6 March 1866)John Audeley Kegley (son of Christian Kegley and Catharine Leedy) was born 6 May 1797 in Wythe County, VA, and died 6 March 1866 in Wythe County, VA.He married (1) Christina Sharitz on 11 May 1819 in Virginia.He married (2) Catherine Umberger on 27 June 1822 in Wythe County, VA, daughter of Leonard Umberger and Christina Elizabeth Neff.
Notes for John Audeley Kegley:
1850 Census Wythe County, Virginia, page 247, shows:
John, age 53, born in VA
Catherine, age 42, born in VA
John A., age 24
James W., age 21
Susan, age 19
Christina, age 17
Sarah, age 15
JOHN KEGLEY FAMILY BIBLE
This German Bible was printed in Philadelphia in 1830 and owned by John Kegley.His grandparents came from Annville, Lebanon County, PA., and settled in the German community of Montgomery (now Wythe County) VA. in the 1770's.According to records of St. John's Lutheran Church, Wythe County, VA, John Kegley was born May 6, 1797 and died March 6, 1866; the son of Christian and Catharine Kegley.As shown below, the first wife fo John Kegley was Christena Sharitz, and after her death John married Catherine Umbarger, born January 20, 1805, and died January 2, 1864; the daughter of Lenhart (Leonard) and Elizabeth Umbarger.John and Catherine are buried as St. John's Lutheran CHurch Cemetery, Wythe County, VA.---Bevery Repass Hoch
Alpha Kegley born March 27, 1820
Mary M. Kegley born April 6, 1823
Ally Kegly born September 6, 1824
John Audeley Kegly born November 15, 1826
James Wesley Kegley born December 15, 1828
Susan Ann Kegley born September 1, 1830
Leonard Absalom Kegley born August 13, 1832
Christena Elizabeth Kegley born August 13, 1835
Sally Cathrine Kegly born September 24, 1838
infant daughter born May 1843
John Kegley and Christena Sharritz married May 11, 1819
John Kegley and Catherine Umbarger married June 27, 1822
Alpha Kegley and Solomon Umbarger married September 6, 1838
Mary M. Kegley and Stephen Umbarger married October 28, 1841
Ally and William Kegley married January 16, 1845
John A. Kegley and Sarah Ward married September 23,1852
Susanah Kegley and George Pence married August 20, 1857
Sally Cathrine Kegley and William Cassel married Sptember 23,1858
Christine E. Kegley and Feldan Foster married January 2, 1862
Christina Kegley departed February 1, 1821
Leonard Absilom Kegley departed June 12, 1835
Infant daughter departed June 17, 1843
Catherine Kegley departed January 2, 1864
Note-Here the page ends: Notice how Kegley and Kegly are used.Spelling typed as spelled on original page.---Furnished by Beverly Repass Hoch, Wytheville, VA
More About John Audeley Kegley:
Burial: March 1866, St. John's Lutheran Church Cemetery, Wythe, VA.
More About John Audeley Kegley and Christina Sharitz:
Marriage: 11 May 1819, Virginia.
More About John Audeley Kegley and Catherine Umberger:
Marriage: 27 June 1822, Wythe County, VA.
Children of John Audeley Kegley and Christina Sharitz are:
- Alpha Kegley, b. 27 March 1820, d. date unknown.
- Alpha Kegley II, d. date unknown.
Children of John Audeley Kegley and Catherine Umberger are:
- +Mary Magdelena Kegley, b. 6 April 1823, Black Lick District, Wythe County, VA, d. 11 April 1872, Wythe County, VA.
- Alice "Ally" Kegley, b. 6 September 1824, Black Lick District, Wythe, VA, d. 29 January 1884, Wythe, VA.
- John Edley Kegley, b. 15 November 1826, Black Lick District, Jamestown, Wythe, VA, d. 10 September 1899, Wyoming, Jones, Iowa.
- James Wesley Kegley, b. 15 December 1828, Black Lick District, Wythe County, VA, d. date unknown, Iowa.
- Susan Ann Kegley, b. 1 September 1830, Black Lick District, Wythe County, VA, d. 9 November 1879, Iowa.
- Leonard Absalom Kegley, b. 13 August 1832, Wythe County, VA, d. 12 June 1835, Wythe County, VA.
- Christena Elizabeth Kegley, b. 13 August 1835, Wythe County, VA, d. date unknown.
- Sarah Catherine Kegley, b. 24 September 1838, Wythe County, VA, d. date unknown.
- Daughter Kegley, b. 1843, d. date unknown.