Kates-Thomsen Family Tree:Information about Azel Pierson
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Azel Pierson (b. 13 September 1708, d. Abt. 4 February 1765)Azel Pierson (son of Henry Pierson and Abigail Ludlam)59 was born 13 September 1708 in Southhampton, Long Island, NY, and died Abt. 4 February 1765.He married Mary Stathem.
Notes for Azel Pierson:
One Azel Pierson was an early tavern keeper with a place located on the southwest corner of what was later called the Commissioner's Road, and Cohansey Bridge to Quinton Road.The first license to Pierson is dated 1751 and was renewed annually until his death in 1765.
Source:Historic South Jersey Towns by William McMahon, Atlantic City Press 1964
Will:3 Feb 1765 Pierson, Azel of Stow Creek, Cumberland County
Wife, Mary, L 20, and all she brought with her and she may use provisions that are in the house for the use of her and son.Daughter Ruth the bed that she has.Son Azel, clothing.Son George, plantation where I live.Daughter Marcy, a bed.Son Zablum, L 5 and clothing, when 21.Daughter Amey, a bed and chest of drawers.Daughter Abigail, a bed when 18.Son Rubin, L 5 when 21.Proved 8 Apr 1765
More About Azel Pierson:
Burial: Unknown, Deerfield Presbyterian Church Cemetery.
Children of Azel Pierson and Mary Stathem are:
- +Ruth Pierson, b. 22 March 1736/37, Salem County, NJ, d. 30 July 1803.
- Azel Pierson Jr., b. 19 January 1738/39, d. date unknown.
- George Pierson, b. Bet. 1739 - 1745, d. date unknown.
- Marce Pierson, b. Bet. 1740 - 1745, d. date unknown.
- Zebulon Pierson, b. 3 November 1745, d. date unknown.
- Amy Pierson, b. Abt. 1746, d. date unknown.
- Abigail Pierson, b. Aft. 1748, d. date unknown.