This page contains ahnentafel reports for each of my parents (Carl & Marie Kruse). There are many lines under investigation and varying degrees of documentation. If you have questions about my documentation I will be happy to share it with you but presenting it all here would make the reports 3 times larger than they already are. I hope you find something useful.
A two generation descendant report is provided for John Halford. A great many Halfords trace their line to John Halford and Nancy Dalton of Rutherford County, North Carolina, in the late 1700s. However, I am convinced that there is much confusion about relationships in this family. (ex. Nancy Dalton was actually Sally Dalton) I am convinced that John Halford's parents were John and Lucy Halford and that some of the children assigned to John, Jr., were actually his siblings. I have provided documentation with this report and I need your help to either confirm or discredit some of the assumptions I have made. Knowledge of relevant primary records would be greatly appreciated. If you want a narrative analysis of the Rutherford County Halfords, visit my "Halford: Research Report" file below. If you want information on more than 17,000 people realted to Halfords, check my link to "Halford: Southern US."
I would appreciate any additions, corrections, or verifications you can offer to my genealogy. I am happy to share what I have about the families listed.
|Michael W Kruse|
Kansas City,MOUnited States
- Halford, Francis Melvina (Jackson) (42 KB)
Francis "Fannie" Melvina (Jackson) Halford (1876-1944).
- Cotton, John (10 KB)
Rev. John Cotton (1585-1652.) Fled English persecution in 1632 and was noted puritan minister of Boston until death in 1652.
- Holmes, Horace (26 KB)
Horace Holmes (1840-1864), brother to William Cotton Holmes.
- Halford, William Luker and Susan Caroline (Walker) (87 KB)
William Luker Halford (1835-1913) and Susan Caroline (Walker) Halford (1840-1910).
- Yates, English Arwin & Mary Ann (Morris) (Mackey) (49 KB)
English Arwin Yates (1872-1959) & Mary Ann (Morris) (Mackey) Yates (1872-1958)
- Jackson, James Henry & Elizabeth Early (Marshall) (66 KB)
James Henry Jackson (1847-1931) and Elizabeth Early (Marshall) Jackson (1847-1910+)
- Kruse, Carl Holmes and Mabel Delphia (Young) (68 KB)
Carl Holmes Kruse (1901-1977) and Mabel Delphia (Young) Kruse (1906-1994). Wedding photo.
- Young, Charlotte Viola (Bromley) (58 KB)
Charlotte Viola (Bromley)Young (1839-1884)
- Halford, Nola Mae (Yates) (44 KB)
Nola Mae (Yates) Halford (1902-1946).
- Halford, Novey Charles (40 KB)
Novey Charles Halford (1907-1964).
- Smith, Henry Jasper (54 KB)
Henry Jasper Smith (1839-1907).
- Young, Charles Henry with wife and children. (134 KB)
Charles Henry Young (1862-1956)and Matilda Alma (Smith) Young (1870-1959)with children. Mabel standing behind her father.
- Smith, Thursah (Woodward) (54 KB)
Thursah (Woodward) Smith (1847-1890).
- Kruse, Carl Peter and Lucy "Augusta" (Holmes) (81 KB)
Carl Peter Kruse (1851-1934) and Lucy "Augusta" (Holmes) Kruse (1870-1906). Wedding Photo.
- Holmes, William Cotton, with wife and Children. (89 KB)
William Cotton and Louisa L (Pierce) Holmes with children Louisa, Horace, Laura, and Augusta. Taken April, 1900.
- Holmes, William Cotton and Louisa L (Pierce) (60 KB)
William Cotton Holmes (1837-1932) and Louisa L (Pierce) Holmes (1843-1913).
- Kruse, Jens Andersen (97 KB)
Jens Andersen Kruse (1810-1891). Shoemaker. Member of the Danish Parliament 1868-1876 from Ribe.
- Holmes, William Sargent (52 KB)
William Sargent Holmes (1811-1894)
- Halford, Elihu Bird (40 KB)
Elihu "Bird" Halford (1870-1945)
- Morris: Book Excerpts - David Morris (1811-1889) (8 KB)
Excerpts about the Morris family from a county history of Mills County, TX.
- Bromley: Will - Bromley, Christopher (1735-1806) (2 KB)
Last Will and Testament
- Wolfe: Will - George Wolfe (1791-1858) (9 KB)
Last Will and Testament
- Cotton: Biography - Cotton, John (1638-1698) (27 KB)
Biography From: Sibley, John Langdon, "Biographical Sketches of Graduates of Harvard University in Cambridge Massachusetts," Vol. 2, 1642-1658. New York, NY: John Reprint Corporation, 1967. Originally: Cambridge, MA: Charles William Sever, University Bookstore, 1873.
- Woodward: Will - Thomas Woodward (1750:55-1821) (2 KB)
Last Will and Testament
- Cotton: Biography - Josiah Cotton (1679/80-1756) (11 KB)
Biography from: Shipton, Clifford K. "Birographical Sketches of Graduates of Harvard University in Cambridge Massachusetts," Vol. 4, 1690-1700. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1933.
- Young: Research - William "Willis" Edward Young (24 KB)
Research paper attempting to establish the identity of William "Willis" Edward Young (1829-1886).
- Dolsberry: Pension - Lyles Dolsberry (1760-1850) (8 KB)
Revolutionary War Pension Application
- Jackson: Will - Abraham Jackson (1600-1714) (6 KB)
Will of Abraham Jackson of Plymouth, MA
- Dyer: Pension - Charles Dyer (1738-1786) (19 KB)
Pension Application of Bethiah (Cotton) Dyer (1749/50-1837)and Selected Documents
- Halford: Research Report (92 KB)
Research on Halfords living in Rutherford County, North Carolina, before 1800.
- Holmes: Letter - Horace Holmes (1840-1864) (12 KB)
Letter written by Horace Holmes (1840-1864) to his brother William Cotton Holmes (1837-1932). Transcribed by Michael Kruse.
- Holmes: Letter - William C Holmes (1837-1932) (9 KB)
From a photocopy of a letter by William Cotton Holmes telling of his Life.
- Kruse: Biography - Carl Peter Kruse (1851-1934) (11 KB)
Brief Biography of my great grandfather.