Laytons of New England Genealogy Site:Information about Sarah Ann Gann
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Sarah Ann Gann (b. December 03, 1861, d. November 25, 1930)Sarah Ann Gann (daughter of William Gann and Martha Eads) was born December 03, 1861 in St. Petersburgh, FL, and died November 25, 1930.She married (1) Jasper Weeks.She married (2) William Goodwin.She married (3) William Levi Daffron on September 09, 1877, son of John Quincy Daffron and Martha J Bratcher.
Notes for Sarah Ann Gann:
(Told by one of Amanda Daffron's sons) I was 11 when Grand-mother died. During my childhood she lived alone and was an Evangelical preacher. She had a horse named "Shorty" and a buggy. She would get and invite to preach usually in a tent, say eight miles away or so. She would harness "Shorty" to the buggy go preach till maybe am, get in the buggy head "Shorty"on the road home tie the reins to the brake handle and go to sleep. Shorty would go home and many times she would not wake till he stopped in the barn yard.
More About Sarah Ann Gann and William Levi Daffron:
Marriage: September 09, 1877
Children of Sarah Ann Gann and William Levi Daffron are:
- Martha Daffron, b. August 15, 1878, d. July 1879.
- Emma Ann Ellen Daffron, b. May 16, 1880, d. 1930.
- James William Daffron, b. March 28, 1882, d. May 24, 1954.
- +Anna Eliza Daffron, b. April 08, 1884, Whitesides, TN, d. June 01, 1971, Perry Mount Park Cemetery, Pontiac, MI.
- Adam Daffron, b. March 30, 1886, d. March 30, 1886.
- +Carrie Caldonia Daffron, b. July 22, 1887, Whitesides, TN, d. July 05, 1985, Pontiac, MI.
- +George David Daffron, b. January 15, 1890, d. August 10, 1970.
- +Amanda Ida Bell Daffron, b. November 17, 1892, d. June 06, 1970.
- +Katherine Mae Daffron, b. May 03, 1894, d. November 28, 1977.
- Albert Daffron, b. January 27, 1897, Alabama, d. December 29, 1979, Clarkston, MI.
- Elsie Pauline Daffron, b. March 19, 1900, d. 1919.