Important RESEARCH Notice!
The RESEARCH PAPERS presented here are to be considered still "in progress" and "under construction." What you see is what is known about a family at the present time. Information is continually being added and corrected. For this reason, you should become a frequent visitor to these pages. I have made the link back to Europe, and to many United States early Presidents, Revolutionary War Heroes, Civil War and The War of 1812 heroes, movie stars, and just plain folk like you and me.I will continue to add and correct my genealogy. Be sure to click over to my other links from this page.
Update24 May 2006:
Henry Taylor married Arminda Eastman and both are buried in the Keith Family Cemetery in Spring Green
Cemetery in Furnas Co., Nebraska.This cemetery land was donated by Adam Keith's 2nd wife Hannah Mary Harris, my great great grand parents.His 1st wife Elizabeth Shirley, was the first person buried on 30 MAY 1830 in Scipio Twp., La Porte, Indiana.
.Adam and Hannah Harris Keith's daughter was Ruhama Minerva Keith and she married John Thomas Prideaux, & they were my great grandparents.They are buried in the Norton, Norton Co., Kansas cemetery.
Their son Frank Prideaux married Louise Arminda Taylor d/o Henry & Arminda (Eastman) Taylor.Henry Prideaux was their son and also my father who married the d/o Charles Owen Threlkel, Bertha Twila Threlkel,my mother.
Henry Taylor's memoirs are available at The University of Nebraska's book site.I am sending the URL:
- Henry Taylor & Great Granddaughter Vesper Gaines (59 KB)
2. Henry Taylor with Vesper Gaines d/o Wiley Ray and Valeria Prideaux Gaines, his granddaughter born September 02, 1920.
- Portrait of Henry Taylor (61 KB)
5. Henry Taylor on his 105th birthday, born February 18, 1824 in Leesburg, Loudon County, Virginia and died July 05, 1931 in Atwood, Rawlins County, Kansas at age 107.Post Script:When Nebraska Historical Society asked for this original picture for his memoirs it was discovered written on the back that this was his 105th birthday picture!
- Henry Taylor & Family on His 100th Birthday (30 KB)
This apparently is a photo of Henry Taylor and his closest relatives at his 100th birthday.L. to R., Louise Taylor Prideaux Meyers, a daughter, Margaret Taylor, a spinster daughter, Mabel Leigh Taylor Barker, d/o George and Estella Maude Pechin Taylor, Merlin Arthur Taylor, s/o George, John Henry Prideaux s/o of Louise and Frank W. Prideaux, (her 1st husband and father of all her four children), George W. Taylor, Lloyd James Taylor, s/o George, Frederick Edwin Meyers, husband of Louise Taylor Prideaux, Fred Prideaux, s/o of Louise Taylor and Frank W. Prideaux, Bertha Twila Threlkel Prideaux, w/o John Henry, Faye Irene Taylor, spinster d/o of George, kneeling and child is Frederick Edwin Prideaux born September 06, 1921 and still living 2007 in Sylmar, California.