|Welcome cousins and genealogy enthusiasts!|
I would very much like to hear from anyone who finds a connection to any of the people in my reports.Of particular interest are my genealogical puzzles and brick walls. These include the families of
- George Peirce and Miranda Bearse who lived in the Penobscot and Piscataquis counties of Maine, and later moved to Lewiston, Androscoggin, ME with some of their children;
- William Carew, whose documents claim he was born in either Calias, Washington County, Maine or Colebrook, Coos County, NH;
- the origin of William Carew's wife, Vicey Darcy, who was the granddaughter of an Irish Lord according to family tradition, and Vicey's mother, Phebe Titus, whose family may have originated in Long Island, NY before settling in Digby, Nova Scotia;
- the Appleby and Parson families of Birmingham, Warwick, England;
- descendants of Anders Lundstedt, some who still live in Sweden and others who immigrated to Massachusetts in the late 1800s. One of my third cousins in Sweden, Anders Lundstedt, has posted his family history (Släktforskning) at http://hem.fyristorg.com/lundstedt;
- any evidence that my g-g-grandfather, Isaac Adams, descended from Robert Adams of Newbury via Corporal Moses Adams, whose family settled in Falmouth, Maine; unfortunately, many of the records of Falmouth were destroyed by a fire.The evidence that I've found so far contradicts a family tradition that Isaac descends from President John Adams.
I'm also fascinated with extended families (female descendants of direct ancestors) and all of the intermarriages between the early families of colonial New England.I've documented a few thousand of these marriages and would love to learn more.This can be tricky, so I'd like to hear from anyone who may have corrections or additional info.
I will be glad to share information from my FTM file of over 39,500 people.Whenever possible, I verify the information using published lists of vital records, and designate this by [VRx] to indicate the x-ref (cross-reference) to a V.R.Since I travel extensively, it could be a few weeks before I respond - but I am very interested in meeting other cousins and researchers, so please contact me!
|Ancestral Families of LUNDSTEDT - CAREW|
Updated June 15, 2004