THE COLIN McLEOD OF NEW ZEALAND FAMILY TREE:Information about Isabella Ross
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Isabella Ross (b. 1844, d. 2 December 1926)Isabella Ross (daughter of Alexander Ross and Isobel Watson) was born 1844, and died 2 December 1926 in Kartigi.She married Hector McLeod on 23 November 1868 in Dunedin Knox Church, son of William McLeod and Mary Urquart.
Notes for Isabella Ross:
An Isabella Ross came out on the "SCHLESWIG BRIDE"as an assisted immigrant debtor bill number 4835 cost of 6 pounds arrived Port Chalmers about 8th October 1868
A miss Ross was aboard a coastal ship the "AIREDALE" leaving Port Chalmers on the 16th of October 1868 heading north
she had fair hair , high colour complexion and was tallish
she had a twin botherJohn ( we think ) who settled in Sydneyas a store keeper
Hector came out with him from Scotland as far as Sydney
More About Isabella Ross:
Burial: 5 December 1926, Hampden.
Immigration: 1868, lived in NZ 60 yrs.
More About Isabella Ross and Hector McLeod:
Marriage: 23 November 1868, Dunedin Knox Church.
Children of Isabella Ross and Hector McLeod are:
- +Alexander McLeod, b. 7 April 1874, Hampden, d. 18 May 1950, Palmerston.
- +Hector McLeod, b. 29 April 1876, d. 19 November 1956.
- +Donny McLeod, b. 9 March 1887.
- Betsy McLeod, b. 24 December 1883.
- Mary Ann McLeod, b. 16 January 1879.
- +Catherine McLeod, b. 2 December 1872.
- Dave McLeod, b. 10 December 1880, d. 23 October 1918, War.
- George( William ) McLeod.