Robert Paul Mellander Family Home Page:Information about Magnus Johansson
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Magnus Johansson (b. September 04, 1829, d. date unknown)Magnus Johansson (son of Johan Månsson and Britta Bengtsdotter) was born September 04, 1829 in Älgå, Sweden, and died date unknown.He married Maria Andersdotter on January 04, 1851 in Älgå, Sweden.
Notes for Magnus Johansson:
Magnus remains a mystery.His wife, Maria came to the U.S. in 1869, and spent the rest of her days with John (& Mary). He had seven other children There is no record of divorce. He just disappeared.This wouldn't surprise me because they were only married 3 months when Johannes (John) was born. I have one record from Landsarkivet in Göteborg that says Magnus had come to the U.S. prior to 1869, which was before John came. I have yet to find any record of him in the U.S.
The record shows that Magnus was from a wealthy farming family. He had the address, Mellgärd, Älgå, in 1871. In the book of non existing people, "he escaped to the USA".In checking the location of Mellgärd I was informed that Mellgärd consisted of about four farm houses a little south of Älgå on the map.
More About Magnus Johansson and Maria Andersdotter:
Marriage: January 04, 1851, Älgå, Sweden.
Unknown-Ending: Bet. 1850 - 1859, Alga, Sweden.
Children of Magnus Johansson and Maria Andersdotter are:
- +John (Johannes)(Johan) Mellander, b. April 06, 1851, Älgå, Sweden, d. August 13, 1915, Omaha, Nebraska.
- Anders Gustaf Magnusson, b. October 25, 1852, d. date unknown.
- Cajsa Magnusdotter, b. November 04, 1854, d. date unknown.
- Britta Magnusdotter, b. August 28, 1857, d. date unknown.
- Christina Magnusdotter, b. September 18, 1859, d. date unknown.
- Nils Magnusson, b. May 28, 1861, Mellgärd, Äglå, d. January 04, 1863, Mellgärd,Älgå.
- Carolina Magnusdotter, b. January 15, 1865, Mellgård, Älgå, Sweden, d. November 26, 1865, Mellgård, Älgå, Sweden.
- Karolina Magnusdotter, b. April 26, 1867, Mellgärd, Älgå, Sweden, d. date unknown.