My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Darius Allen
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Darius Allen (b. March 29, 1817, d. June 24, 1898)Darius Allen (son of Isaac Allen and Mary Wilson)1 was born March 29, 1817 in Hempstead, NY, and died June 24, 1898 in 129 Herkimer St., Brooklyn, NY buried at Greenwood.He married Juliette Beardsley on August 01, 1838, daughter of John Wells Beardsley and Elizabeth Tuthill.
Notes for Darius Allen:
Allen & Sons Rope Manufacturing Company was located in Brooklyn at 3rd Avenue corner of 6th.They manufactured household ropes like clotheslines and small utility ropes.Darius Allen lived at 11 Willoughby Avenue (I have also found his name under the address of 12 Willoughby Avenue in the Brooklyn City Directories).This is where the funeral of my G-grandfather, Townsend Titus (Nettie Allen's husband) and Bessie Titus, his 1 1/2 year old daughter was held on August 17, 1881.
More About Darius Allen:
Date born 2: March 29, 18171
Died 2: June 24, 18931
Occupation: Abt. 1890, Darius Allen was the proprietor of Allen & Sons Rope Manufacturing Company which was sold in the 1930s for a pretty profit..
More About Darius Allen and Juliette Beardsley:
Marriage: August 01, 1838
Children of Darius Allen and Juliette Beardsley are:
- +Marietta Nettie Allen, b. Abt. 1839, Brooklyn, NYC, d. December 27, 1903, Isle of Wight, England buried in London.
- Isaac Leroy Allen, b. December 29, 1841, d. date unknown.
- Theodore B. Allen, b. Abt. 1843, d. date unknown.
- Juliette Allen, b. Abt. 1845, d. date unknown.
- Randolph Allen, b. March 12, 1854, d. date unknown.
- Darius Herbert Allen, b. 1856, d. date unknown.