The Peltier / Strange Family Home Page:Information about Pierre Meloche
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Pierre Meloche (b. September 1, 1701, d. August 23, 1760)Pierre Meloche (son of Francois Meloche and Marie Mouflet) was born September 1, 1701 in Montreal, Canada, and died August 23, 1760 in Detroit, MI.He married Jeanne Caron.
Notes for Pierre Meloche:
Notes from "The Meloche Legacy"
"The History of Detroit and Michigan, Past and Present" written by Silas Farmer in 1884, notes that twenty-three grants were made but not confimred by King Louis XIV.Among these was Claim No. 7, 4 arpents widde by 40 arpents deep, recorded July 8, 1734 in the name of Pierre Meloche.On tis plot of land, Pierre built a magnificant residence for the time, described as about sixty feet long and constructed of logs. The Meloche farm straddled Parent Creek where it spilled into the Detroit river near the foot of Belle Isle. The Pierre Meloche home was o the west, or fort side of the creek and faced the road that ran along the sandy shore of the Detroit River and was slightly upstream on the Parent from the wooden bridge where the road crossed it.It is this bridge that would later become known as "Bloody Bridge."
Children of Pierre Meloche and Jeanne Caron are:
- +Pierre Meloche, b. November 2, 1730, Detroit, MI, d. 1805.
- Therese Meloche, b. February 25, 1731/32, Detroit, MI, d. date unknown.
- Francois Meloche, b. May 19, 1733, Detroit, MI, d. date unknown.
- Mary Magdalene Meloche, b. August 30, 1735, Detroit, MI, d. 1748.
- +Mary Catherine Meloche, b. March 2, 1736/37, Detroit, MI, d. January 15, 1786, Detroit, MI.
- Marie Joseph Meloche, b. June 30, 1739, Detroit, MI, d. date unknown.
- Jean Baptist Meloche, b. February 19, 1740/41, Detroit, MI, d. date unknown.
- Marie Jeanne Meloche, b. June 9, 1742, River Rouge, d. date unknown.
- Antoine Jean Meloche, b. September 16, 1744, Detroit, MI, d. date unknown.
- Antoine Simon Meloche, b. May 5, 1746, Detroit, MI, d. 1747, Detroit, MI.
- Simon Peter Meloche, b. July 24, 1748, Detroit, MI, d. date unknown.
- Catherine Meloche, b. March 5, 1749/50, Detroit, MI, d. date unknown.