Brooks of Dent Co., Mo & Adams of Clinton Co., Ohio :Information about William Brooks
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
William Brooks (b. 1745, d. January 22, 1844)William Brooks was born 1745 in Yellow Breeches, Lancaster, Pa., and died January 22, 1844 in Sandy Run, Cleveland, N.C..He married Nancy on Abt. June 30, 1779 in Somerset Co., Md..
Notes for William Brooks:
Short Bio in a book "Brooks Family History" written by Rovert W. Stephens in 1985
A six generation history of the family of revolutionary soldier William Brooks
and his wife Nancy, of North Carolina
Lived in Frederick, Md. when he enlisted for 12 months in Captain Sims' company
Migrated to Guilford County, NC
Moved to Sandy Run, Rutherford County, NC
operated a grist mill for many years
had several hundred acres of land
The 1790 Census of Rutherford lists six children
Portion of Rutherford Co. he lived in became Cleveland Co. in 1841
Served Am. Revol. from two states, MD & NC
More About William Brooks:
Burial: Brooks Cemetery.
Military service 1: Bet. 1776 - 1781, American Rev.S6716.
Military service 2: pension Gates Co.,NC 2-9-1833 & 6-2-1834.
Property: Land grant, Rutherford Co., NC.
More About William Brooks and Nancy:
Marriage: Abt. June 30, 1779, Somerset Co., Md..
Children of William Brooks and Nancy are:
- +David Mack Brooks, b. 1784, Guilford, NC, d. 1848, Cherokee, Georgia.
- Moses Brooks, b. 1796, d. Aft. 1865, Fentress, TN.
- +Constantanople Brooks, b. Abt. 1785, Guilford, NC, d. 1858, Cleveland, NC.
- Issac C. Brooks, b. Abt. 1792, d. May 27, 1886.
- John Brooks, b. Abt. 1792.
- +Aaron Brooks, b. Abt. 1794, Rutherford, N.C., d. September 15, 1854, Lumpkin, Ga..
- Samuel Brooks, b. Abt. 1796.
- Joseph Brooks, b. Abt. 1798.
- Hiram Brooks, b. Abt. 1804.
- Elizabeth Brooks, b. Abt. 1806.