Smith, Watson, Shoemake, Pickering, Todd, Jones Family Ties:Information about Margaret Smith
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Margaret Smith (b. Abt. 1841, d. 1886)Margaret Smith (daughter of Elijah Elihu Smith and Millie Quimby) was born Abt. 1841 in AL219, and died 1886 in Newton County, MS220.She married Elijah Jonathan Collins on 1870 in Newton County, MS, son of Thomas Duren Collins and Winaford Walters.
Notes for Margaret Smith:
Shown as age 9 in 1850 census records of Lauderdale Co., Ms; age 19 in 1860 census records and age 29 in 1870 of Neshoba Co, Ms. in household of "Eli and Milly" Smith.
Married Abt. 1870; 2nd wife of Elijah Jonathan Collins after death of his first wife Penelope Ann McClendon.
Elijah Jonathan Collins and Penelope Ann McClendon were the parents of Penelope Ann Collins. Penelope Ann Collins married Margaret Smith's brother,John C. Smith.
A "Collins Family Records" book was researched and published by Lorene Rayburn Conner.
More About Margaret Smith:
Burial: 1886, Pinkney Baptist Church Cemetery, Newton County, MS.
Occupation: 1860, Assistant Housekeeper.
More About Margaret Smith and Elijah Jonathan Collins:
Marriage: 1870, Newton County, MS.
Children of Margaret Smith and Elijah Jonathan Collins are:
- +Johnathan E. Collins, b. November 22, 1871, Newton County, MS, d. January 01, 1966, Jones County, MS.
- +James Duren Collins, b. August 25, 1873.
- +Ellen Collins, b. September 02, 1876, House, Newton County, MS, d. April 05, 1954, Laurel, MS.
- +Victoria Collins, b. October 19, 1877, House, Newton County, MS.
- +Louis A. Collins, b. February 06, 1880, Newton County, MS, d. July 24, 1959, Hattiesburg, MS.
- Andrew J. Collins, b. January 06, 1882, Neshoba County, MS, d. November 1971, Neshoba County, MS221.
- Charlie Collins, b. December 14, 1885, Jones County, MS, d. January 02, 1938, Jones County, MS.