My Genealogy Home Page:Information about William Walker Wyatt
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
William Walker Wyatt (b. February 4, 1802, d. date unknown)William Walker Wyatt (son of William(s) Wyatt and Sarah Taylor) was born February 4, 1802, and died date unknown.He married (2) Susannah Cope on August 26, 1823 in Rowan County, NC by JP -John Rufus Williams, daughter of John Cope and Elizabeth.He married (3) Martha Shelton on March 26, 1864 in Davie Co., NC, daughter of Unknown Shelton and Unknown.
Notes for William Walker Wyatt:
Note:Sometimes he was Williams, and sometimes he was William.Check Williams Walker Wyatt
William (sometimes he added an "s")Walker Wyatt had a little homemade blue booklet, with a binding that was sewn by hand.It was about 3 inches by 5 inches, with maybe 5 pages in it.On the front of the Booklet he had written"Ayers of the Wyatt Family".In the booklet he named all of his children, noted on the page with his wife Susannah Cope Wyatt, who died from small pox in 1863.If you held this little blue booklet, and flipped it over from top to bottom, which would put you in the back of the booklet, he had another list of names.It is my personal opinion, judging from the names, that these eight names were either his children by his slave mistress, or the names of the slave children that he owned.Their names( this is in the same way that he worte it) are:
Liddy was bornd May 21, 1849
Tom was bornd Sept. 8, 1850,
Sary""October 24, 1852
Mike ""the year of July 23, 1854
(note in the following he gave them more complete names)
John Wesly was born June 2, 1855
Mary An was born Mary th 13, 1856
Cammila Clemintine was born December 1, 1857
Alexander was Born Dec. 25, 1860
This is submitted by:
Catherine Williams Pitts.My mother was Ella Mae Wyatt, married my father, Edgar Reynold (Ray) Williams.After Susannah' death, William Wyatt married Martha Shelton, and they had only one child, John Noah Wyatt, who was my grandfather.
More About William Walker Wyatt and Susannah Cope:
Marriage: August 26, 1823, Rowan County, NC by JP -John Rufus Williams.
More About William Walker Wyatt and Martha Shelton:
Marriage: March 26, 1864, Davie Co., NC.
Children of William Walker Wyatt are:
- +John Noah Wyatt, b. June 24, 1865, Davie Co. NC, d. September 17, 1938, Fork Cemetery in Davie Co. NC.
Children of William Walker Wyatt and Susannah Cope are:
- Elizabeth "Betsy" Wyatt, d.19 July 1871, b. November 5, 1824, d. date unknown.
- Sarah "Sally" Wyatt, d 10 Aug 1869, b. September 10, 1826, d. date unknown.
- Rebecca Wyatt, d June 1954 in Missouri, b. April 17, 1829, d. date unknown.
- Hiram A. Wyatt, d 4 Aug 1858 from Typhoid, b. November 9, 1837, d. date unknown.
- Mary Ann Wyatt, d 27 July 1938, b. September 11, 1840, d. date unknown.
- Susan M. Wyatt, d 20 Oct 1907, b. May 22, 1844, d. date unknown.
- +William Henry Wyatt, b. May 30, 1833, d. February 20, 1905, DavidsonCounty, NC.
Children of William Walker Wyatt and Martha Shelton are:
- John Noah Wyatt, only childof this union, b. June 24, 1865, d. date unknown.