My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Leah Bost
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Leah Bost (b. September 4, 1804, d. April 9, 1856)Leah Bost was born September 4, 1804 in Mt. Pleasant, Cabarrus Co., NC, and died April 9, 1856 in Family Cemetary, Fork, Davie Co., NC.She married Jacob Williams on July 15, 1828 in Cabarrus Co., NC, son of Daniel Robert Williams -- born Wilhelm and Litaker (Maiden Name Unknown).
More About Leah Bost and Jacob Williams:
Marriage: July 15, 1828, Cabarrus Co., NC.
Marriage Notes for Leah Bost and Jacob Williams:
Jacob Williams was born Wilhelm.His father Daniel Robert Wilhelm is listed in the Lutheran church as a Wilhelm.Jacob anglicized his name to Williams.Daniel Robert was of German descent. The records are in the Lutheran Church in Cabarrus County, NC.Note that Jacob named two of his sons Daniel, after his father.One is Daniel Lafayette Williams, and the other is Daniel Lawson Williams.In the census records you will find this confusing.This meant that they had the same initials.(Source: Catherine Williams Pitts)
Children of Leah Bost and Jacob Williams are:
- +Eliza Adeline Williams, b. November 11, 1824, Cabarrus Co., NC, d. date unknown.
- +John Rufus (Squire) Williams, Sr. (J.P.), b. December 21, 1828, Cabarrus Co., NC, d. July 31, 1915, Davie Co., NC.
- +Jacob Wilson Williams, b. January 15, 1830, d. date unknown, Died with measles at Petersburg Va. during Civil War.
- +Daniel Lawson Williams, b. March 17, 1831, d. date unknown, Belthehem Church.
- William J(ule?) Williams, b. June 3, 1832, d. date unknown.
- Cyrus Gillam Williams, b. August 9, 1833, d. August 12, 1908.
- +Neal Henry Cornelius Williams, b. January 4, 1835, d. date unknown.
- Solomon Franklin Williams,(d.10-14-1836), b. April 15, 1836, d. date unknown.
- +Leah Mary A. (Polly) Williams, b. December 21, 1837, d. June 22, 1874.
- Elam Carson Williams, b. July 31, 1839, d. date unknown, Out West.
- +Daniel Lafayette Williams, b. May 16, 1841, d. May 1934.
- +Nancy Minerva Williams, b. December 24, 1842, d. March 26, 1921, buried Bethel Cemetery, Mocksville, NC.