World Wide Sachars:Information about Samuel J. Sachar
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Samuel J. Sachar (b. 3/16/1877, d. 3/17/1949)Samuel J. Sachar (son of Azriel Sachar - St. Louis Sachars and Kayla (Keila) Meyerson) was born 3/16/1877 in Kovno, Lithuania, and died 3/17/1949 in St. Louis, MO.He married Sarah Abramowitz-Sachar on 1898 in Hoboken, NJ, daughter of Dov Baer Abramowitz-Sachar and Miriam Charlap Abramowitz- Sachar.
More About Samuel J. Sachar:
Date born 2: 3/16/1877
Education: didn't want to become aRabbi.
Fact 3: also known as Shmuel Yaakov.
Fact 4: graduated from Shalutula Yeshiva, but did not.
Fact 6: 1898, Immigrated to NYC, was a customer peddler.
Fact 7: 1907, lost money in 1907 collapse.
Fact 8: 1911, Moved to St. Louis where Sarah's father was a Rabbi.
Fact 9: a merchant with a ladies'ready-to-wear on Market Street.
Fact 10: Sam & brother Moe went into real estate.
Fact 11: was shrewd, clever, a good father.
Fact 12: 1949, died of cancer at 72.
Occupation 1: m'd in Hoboken, NJ.
Occupation 2: brought from Lithuania to marry first cousin Sarah Aabramowitz (Sachar).
More About Samuel J. Sachar and Sarah Abramowitz-Sachar:
Marriage: 1898, Hoboken, NJ.
Children of Samuel J. Sachar and Sarah Abramowitz-Sachar are:
- +Abram Leon Sachar, b. 2/15/1899, New York City, d. 7/24/1993, Waltham, MA.
- +Morris M. Sachar, b. 9/30/1901, New York City, d. 11/1982, St. Louis, MO.
- +Louis Sachar, b. 6/28/1904, New York, NY, d. 4/1975, New York, NY.
- +Mae Sachar, b. 7/10/1907, New York, NY, d. 5/28/2006, St. Louis, MO.
- +June Sachar, b. 12/10/1911, St. Louis, MO, d. 3/22/2004, St. Louis, MO.
- +Reva Sachar, b. 10/6/1915, St. Louis, MO, d. 9/22/1990, Florida.