The Genealogy of Patricia Alison Hartnagle Smith:Information about William McDougall
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
William McDougall (b. Abt. 1801, d. date unknown)
William McDougall576, 577, 578, 579 was born Abt. 1801 in Scotland580, 581, and died date unknown582, 583.He married Hannah Merrithew584, 585, daughter of Robinson Merrithew.
Notes for William McDougall:
Facts about this person:
lived in Dundee, Scotland
The McDougall Clan
Lorn is the home of this Celtic clan who descended from Dugall, eldest son of Somerled of the Isles.Known as the Lords of Lorn, the opposed Robert the Bruce.In battle with the clan, King Robert escaped death, but left behind his brooch.This, the Brooch of Lorn, is now one of the clan's most treasured possesions.The McDougall chief was later captured.His son, John, fled to England and was appointed Admiral of the English fleet.The clan lands had been forfeited, but later came into Stewart possession, in 1457 John Mac Dougall acquired Dunolly and became chief of the clan.The chief's eldest daughter is called the "Maid of Lorn".Badge= bell heath
More About William McDougall:
_MFA1: See Note Page.586, 587
More About William McDougall and Hannah Merrithew:
Marriage: 588, 589
Children of William McDougall and Hannah Merrithew are:
- Louise McDougall, b., New Brunswick590, 591, d. date unknown592, 593.
- +James McDougall, b. July 1835, New Brunswick, Canada594, 595, 596, d. date unknown597, 598.
- +Robinson Alexander McDougall, b. 18 August 1827, New Brunswick, d. 02 March 1899, Caribou, Maine599, 600.
- +Peter McDougall, b. Abt. 1831, New Brunswick601, 602, d. date unknown603, 604.
- +Isaac McDougall, b. 25 August 1837, New Brunswick, Canada604, 605, d. date unknown606, 607.
- +Wellington McDougall, b. June 1840, Moose Mountain, New Brunswick, Canada608, 609, d. 30 May 1917610, 611.