My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Fleming Smith
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Fleming Smith (b. 05 Dec 1745, d. 27 Aug 1847)Fleming Smith (son of Thomas Smith and Elizabeth Flemming) was born 05 Dec 1745 in Fairfax Co., Virgina, and died 27 Aug 1847 in Monroe Co., Kentucky.He married (1) Prudence Bland on 1767 in Monroe Co., Kentucky, daughter of John Bland, Jr. and Margaret Osborne.He married (2) Nancy Goode on 1817 in Kentucky.
Notes for Fleming Smith:
Fought in the Battle of the Cow Pens (Spartanburg South Carolina area area) in the Revolutionary War, against the British Red Coats.Was in the Virginia Militia with brothers Daniel, Peter, John, and Peter.
More About Fleming Smith:
Date born 2: 05 Dec 1745
Burial: Old Mulkey Cemetery, Monroe Co..
More About Fleming Smith and Prudence Bland:
Marriage: 1767, Monroe Co., Kentucky.
More About Fleming Smith and Nancy Goode:
Marriage: 1817, Kentucky.
Children of Fleming Smith and Prudence Bland are:
- Docas Smith, b. 06 Mar 1771, Prince William Co., Virginia, d. 17 Mar 1865, Monroe Co., Kentucky.
- John Smith, b. 1773, Prince William Co., Virginia, d. 22 Nov 1852, Logan Co., Kentuckty.
- +James Smith, b. 14 Oct 1777, Spartanburg, South Carolina, d. 18 Feb 1864, Mapleton, Kansas.
- Margaret Smith, b. 1782, Spartanburg, South Carolina, d. 1855.
- Samuel Smith, b. 1785, Spartanburg, South Carolina, d. 29 Aug 1855, Monroe Co., Kentucky.
- Malinda Milly Smith, b. 12 Mar 1786, Spartanburg, South Carolina, d. 03 Oct 1874, Monroe Co., Kentucky.
- Prudence Smith, b. 1790, Spartanburg, South Carolina, d. 1870.