My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Solomon Langston
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Rev Solomon Langston (b. Mar 01, 1732, d. 1825)Solomon Langston (son of John Langston III and Mary Agnes Mangrum)210, 210 was born Mar 01, 1732 in Isle of Wight Co., VA, and died 1825 in Laurens County, SC.He married Sarah Ann Bennett on 1753 in Granville, SC211, daughter of Richard Bennett and Mary Beatty.
Notes for Solomon Langston:
Married Sarah Bennett, dau of Richard Bennett and Ann Bennett in Granville Co, NC.
TEXT OF THE WILL AND TESTAMENT OF
Copy of the February 10, 1810 will of Solomon Langston
Probate Judges Office Laurens County, South Carolina
Roll No. 12 Book E Pages 513 - 514
In the name of God, Amen. I Solomon Langston of the State of South Carolina and District of Laurens being weak in body but of perfect mind and memory but calling to mind that it is appointed by the Almighty Creator for all mortal men once to die, therefore am willing that what it hath pleased God to bestow on me as to temporal goods, I give in the following manner and my soul I recommend unto my Savior's hands who redeemed it by his precious blood and my body I recommend to the ground to be buried at the discretion of my executors hereafter named.
· Item - I give and bequeath to my son, Henry Langston, one negro man, named Adam, to him and his heirs forever.
· Item - I give and bequeath to my son, Solomon Langston, all the remainder of that tract of land which I have not deeded out in Greenville District, also I give and bequeath to him one negro boy named Spencer to him and his heirs forever.
· Item - I give and bequeath to my son Bennett Langston, the tract of land and plantation I now live on, containing 204 acres, also a bounty tract purchased from Wm. Cooper, containing 75 acres to him and his heirs forever except my wife Sarah's dower, which I desire her to enjoy during her natural life.
· Item - I give and bequeath to my daughter, Amy Christopher, one bed and furniture, to her and her heirs forever.
· Item - I give and bequeath to my daughter, Laodicea Springfield, two dollars.
· Item - I give and bequeath to Patty Jones, 66 acres of land located to myself in a 200 acre tract, the remainder has been transferred to Mary Holder to her and her heirs forever.
· Item - I give and bequeath to my daughter, Sarah Miller, 84 acres of land, whereon the meeting house now stands, also one bed and furniture to her and her heirs forever.
· Item - I give and bequeath to my daughter, Selah Stiles, one cow and calf, to her and her heirs forever.
· Item - I leave the use of three negroes vis: Ede, Jane and Leah to my well beloved wife, Sarah Langston together with all the residue of my stock, household furniture and working utensils and all the rest of my estate where and when during her natural life and at her death my will is that Ede be set free or emancipated and all the residue of the whole be divided among my children vis: Henry Langston, Solomon Langston, Bennett Langston, Amy Christopher, Patty Jones, Sarah Miller, Selah Stiles to them and their heirs forever.
And lastly I do nominate and appoint my sons Henry Langston and Solomon Langston to be executors to this my last will and testament disannulling and revoking all other former wills by me made heretofore and do hereby constitute and ordain this to be my last will and no other and do hereby set my hand and affix my seal this 25th day of February 1810.
Solomon Langston (Seal)
Bosie (his x mark) Wheat
This will proven before Court of Ordinary Aug. 15, 1825 by order of John Hitch and Bosie Wheat two subscribing witnesses to same.
(Signed) David Anderson
More About Solomon Langston:
Baptism (LDS): Laurens County, South Carolina.212
Date born 2: 1732, Isle Wight, Virginia, USA.213
Date born 3: 1732, Isle Wight, Virginia, USA.213
Census: 1800, Laurens Co., SC.214
Died 2: 1825, Laurens, South Carolina, USA.215
Died 3: 1825, Laurens, South Carolina, USA.215
Endowment (LDS): Mar 19, 1942216
Fact 5: Rev War Soldier SC.217
Military: 1779, Lt. Spartan Regiment SC.218
Occupation: Rev War Soldier SC.219
Will: Feb 10, 1810, Laurens Co., SC.220
More About Solomon Langston and Sarah Ann Bennett:
Marriage 1: 1753, Granville, SC.221
Marriage 2:Granville, NC.222
Marriage 3: , Granville, NC.223
Marriage 4: 1753, , Granville Co., NC.224
Marriage 5: 1753, Granville Co, NC.225, 226
Marriage 6: 1753, Granville, North Carolina, USA.227
Marriage 7: 1753, SC.228
Children of Solomon Langston and Sarah Ann Bennett are:
- +Laodicea "Dicey" Langston, b. May 14, 1766,Laurens, SC, d. May 23, 1837, Travelers Rest, Greenville, South Carolina, USA229, 229, 229, 229.