This barn was raised in the Delaware Bend Country, Cooke County, Texas, about 1880 by James Franklin Marshall, an early settler. Here it still stands in July 1959. The photo was taken by Lacy Marshall. James F. Marshall of Dexter, Cooke Co., Texas, was born in Monroe Co., Tennessee in 1850. He first came to eastern Texas in 1859, stopping for ten months in Cherokee County, Texas, remained there two years, then went back to Arkansas, and finally, in 1876, settled in Dexter.