THE DERRICKS OF CHARLESTON, WV:Information about John Darien Young
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Darien Young (b. February 10, 1799, d. September 02, 1872)John Darien Young2308, 2309, 2310 was born February 10, 1799 in Kanawha Co.,Virginia2311, 2312, 2313, and died September 02, 1872 in Kanawha Co.,Virginia2314, 2315, 2316.He married Elizabeth M. James on December 19, 1830 in Kanawha Co., Virginia2317, 2318, daughter of Jesse James and Mary Polly Morris.
Notes for John Darien Young:
John Darien Young served as a Union soldier during the Civil War.He served as captain of a bateaux fleet, boats pushed by poles, going from the mouth of the Knawha River to Kanwaha Falls, about 100 miles.He later served in the 7th WV Vol. Cavaly for two years and returned home unharmed.
More About John Darien Young:
Date born 2: 17992319, 2320, 2321
Died 2: September 02, 1872
Military service: Civil WAR - Lieutenant in Federal Army.
More About John Darien Young and Elizabeth M. James:
Marriage 1: December 19, 1830, Kanawha Co., Virginia.2322, 2323
Marriage 2: December 19, 1830, Nicholas, West Virginia.
Children of John Darien Young and Elizabeth M. James are:
- Lewis Norman Young, b. November 27, 1831, Kanawha Co, VA, d. 1908, Charleston, WV.
- America Young, b. 1833, Kanawha Co, Union Dist., VA, d. date unknown.
- John Marcus Young, b. August 10, 1835, Kanawha Co. VA, d. date unknown.
- Milton Woods Young, b. May 29, 1837, Kanawha Co., VA, d. 1894, Charleston, WV.
- Harriett Young, b. March 30, 1839, Kanawha Co., VA, d. date unknown.
- Martha Young, b. April 01, 1841, Kanawha Co.,Virginia, d. 1850, Kanawha Co.,Virginia.