JAMES MONROE WILLIAMS AND SUSIE DAVIS OF ALABAMA:Information about James Monroe Williams
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
James Monroe Williams (b. Abt. September 09, 1826, d. Abt. January 25, 1889)James Monroe Williams was born Abt. September 09, 1826 in GA, and died Abt. January 25, 1889.He married Susan (Susie) Davis on January 28, 1849 in Marion County, GA, daughter of William Davis and Rebecca.
Notes for James Monroe Williams:
Was part Indian.
James Monroe was killed - shot over fence line.Andrew Batchelor shot him.James cut tree and it fell on the line, breaking fence and old man Batchelor said he was going to shot him and old man Williams said shot and be damned and he did.
More About James Monroe Williams:
Burial: Unknown, Univeralist Cem, Ariton, Dale, AL.
More About James Monroe Williams and Susan (Susie) Davis:
Marriage: January 28, 1849, Marion County, GA.
Children of James Monroe Williams and Susan (Susie) Davis are:
- Sarah Williams, b. October 1850, GA, d. date unknown.
- Nancy A. Williams, b. June 1851, GA, d. date unknown.
- Martha A. Williams, b. April 1853, AL, d. date unknown.
- Josephine F. Williams, b. 1856, AL, d. date unknown.
- James Madison Williams, b. April 1858, AL, d. date unknown.
- Mary S. Williams, b. July 1862, AL, d. date unknown.
- +Samatha E. Williams, b. March 1868, AL, d. date unknown.
- +John Henry Williams, b. February 1869, AL, d. February 08, 1951.