My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Queen Consort Isabeau de Bavière of France Queen
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Queen Queen Consort Isabeau de Bavière of France Queen (b. 1369, d. 24 Sep 1435)Queen Consort Isabeau de Bavière of France Queen was born 1369 in Sicily, and died 24 Sep 1435 in Paris, Saint Denis Basilica..She married King Charles VI of France King, son of King Charles V le Sage King and Queen Consort Jeanne de Bourbon Queen.
Notes for Queen Consort Isabeau de Bavière of France Queen:
Isabeau de Bavière (also Isabella of Bavaria-Ingolstadt) (about 1369 – September 24, 1435) was a Queen Consort of France (1385 - 1422) after marrying Charles VI of France, a member of the Valois Dynasty, on July 17, 1385. She was the daughter of Stephan III, Duke of Bavaria-Ingolstadt and Thadea Visconti.
Her paternal grandparents were Stephen II, Duke of Bavaria and Elizabeth, Princess of Sicily, daughter of Frederick III of Sicily and his wife Eleonora. Eleonora was herself a daughter of Charles II of Naples and Maria of Hungary. Maria was a daughter of Stephen V of Hungary and Elizabeth of Cumania. Elizabeth was daughter of Koteny or Kuthens, a chieftain apparently descending from the Kipchaks.
Her maternal grandparents were Barnabo Visconti (d. 1385), Lord of Milan and Regina-Beatrice della Scala. Regina was daughter of Mastino II della Scala , Lord of Verona from 1329 to 1351 and his wife Taddea di Cararra.
As the King of France was insane, his wife, Isabeau de Bavière, came to terms with King Henry V of England, and by the treaty of Troyes (1420) the Crown of France was to pass away from the Dauphin to the issue of Henry and Catherine_of_Valois. When Henry V died, his son was declared King of France and England under the title of Henry VI.
Isabeau de Bavière died at Paris and is interred in Saint Denis Basilica.
Charles, Dauphin of Viennois (1386-1386)
Isabella (1389-1409); m.1 Richard II of England; m.2 Charles, Duke of Orléans
Jeanne (1391-1433); m. John VI, Duke of Brittany
Charles, Dauphin of Viennois, Duke of Guyenne (1392-1401)
Marie, Prioress of Poissy (1393-1438)
Michelle (1395-1422); m. Philip III, Duke of Burgundy
Louis, Dauphin of Viennois, Duke of Guyenne (1397-1415); m. Marguerite of Burgundy
John, Dauphin of Viennois, Duke of Touraine (1398-1417); m. Jacqueline, Countess of Hainault and Holland
Catherine (1401-1438); m.1 Henry V of England; m.2 Sir Owen Tudor
Charles VII of France (1403-1461) the Dauphin in Shakespeare's Henry V
More About Queen Consort Isabeau de Bavière of France Queen:
Burial: Saint Denis Basilica..
Children of Queen Consort Isabeau de Bavière of France Queen and King Charles VI of France King are:
- Charles Dauphin of Viennois, b. 26 Sep 1386, d. 28 Dec 1386, died as a infent.
- Jeanne of Valois, b. 14 Jun 1388, d. 1390.
- Isabella of Valois, b. 24 Jan 1390/91, d. 27 Sep 1433.
- +King Charles VII of France King, b. 22 Feb 1402/03, France, d. 22 Jul 1461.
- Marie, b. 24 Aug 1393, d. 19 Aug 1438.
- Michèle, b. 11 Jan 1394/95, d. 08 Jul 1422.
- Duke Louis Duke of Guyenne Duke, b. 22 Jan 1395/96, d. 18 Dec 1415.
- Duke Jean Duke of Touraine Duke, b. 31 Aug 1398, d. 04 Apr 1417.
- Catherine, b. 27 Oct 1401, d. 03 Jan 1436/37.
- Philippe, b. 10 Nov 1407, d. 10 Nov 1407.
- Marguerite bâtarde de Fra, b. 1407, d. 1458, illegitimate child.
- Odette de Champdivers, b. 1407, d. 1458, illegitimate child.