The Wilson Family:Information about Abraham Backhouse
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Abraham Backhouse (b. November 18, 1790, d. August 08, 1865)Abraham Backhouse (son of John Backhouse and Margaret Longbottom) was born November 18, 1790 in Skelton by Guisborough,Yorkshire, England, and died August 08, 1865 in Malahide Ontario.He married Amelia Alway on December 28, 1825 in Elgin, Upper Canada, daughter of Robert Alway and Ann.
Notes for Abraham Backhouse:
A096 White marble on cement base, without urn:
East side: In/ Memory of Abraham BACKHOUSE/ Who died/ Aug. 8, 1865/ Ae. 75 y's. & 2 mo's/ In his silent tomb we leave him/ Till the morn when Christ appears/ Then with joy we hope to greet him/ Far beyond this vale of tears./
North side: In/ Memory of / Amelia/ Wife of / Abraham BACKHOUSE/ Died July 30, 1888/ Aged 83 years/ Dau. of Rob't & Ann/ ALWAY/ of Gloucestershire, Eng./
More About Abraham Backhouse:
Burial: August 10, 1865, Aylmer Cemetary.
More About Abraham Backhouse and Amelia Alway:
Marriage: December 28, 1825, Elgin, Upper Canada.
Children of Abraham Backhouse and Amelia Alway are:
- +Mary Jane Backhouse, b. October 13, 1837, Malahide Ontario, d. February 09, 1895, Malahide Ontario.
- +Margaret Ann Backhouse, b. January 21, 1826, Malahide Ontario, d. May 1871.
- +James Jackson Backhouse, b. November 13, 1820, d. February 01, 1855, Malahide Ontario.
- +John Rolf Backhouse, b. August 05, 1828, Malahide Ontario, d. March 02, 1906.
- +Mima Marie Backhouse, b. February 22, 1832, Malahide Twp. Ontario, d. March 28, 1867, Malahide Twp. Ontario.
- +Amelia C. Backhouse, b. June 12, 1838, Malahide Township, d. June 13, 1863, Malahide Township.
- Hannah Esther Backhouse, b. July 19, 1843, Malahide Township, d. date unknown.
- Abraham Culver Backhouse, b. October 17, 1844, d. date unknown.
- Emma Elizabeth Backhouse, b. October 04, 1847, Malahide Township, d. date unknown.
- Matilda Backhouse, b. Abt. 1850, Malahide Township, d. date unknown.