The Wilson Family:Information about Thomas Backhouse
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Thomas Backhouse (b. September 29, 1820, d. January 29, 1887)Thomas Backhouse (son of Henry Moore Backhouse and Hannah Smith) was born September 29, 1820 in Malahide Township, and died January 29, 1887 in Malahide Township.He married (1) Sarah Jane Merritt.He married (2) Mary.
Notes for Thomas Backhouse:
Column with urn 5 ft. high; urn broken off; concrete base
(north-west) In/ Memory of/ Thomas BACKHOUSE/ Who died/ Jan. 28, 1887/ Aged/ 66 y's 4 ms./ For we know that if ever our earthly/ house of this tabernacle were/ it is solved we have a building./ of God an house not made/ with hands eternal in the/ heavens./ 2 Cor. 5. 1. In/ Memory of/ Sarah Jane/ MERITT /Wife of/ Thomas BACKHOUSE/ who died/ Jan. 30, 1890/ Aged/ 69 ys 1 mo 19 ds.
More About Thomas Backhouse:
Burial: Unknown, Dunboyne Cemetary Malahide Twp Elgin County Ontario - Red granite column with urn/ 8 ft. high.
Children of Thomas Backhouse and Sarah Jane Merritt are:
- Almyra Backhouse, b. Abt. 1844, Malahide Township, d. date unknown.
- Wallace Backhouse, b. Abt. 1846, Malahide Township, d. date unknown.
- Ruth M. Backhouse, b. Abt. 1849, Malahide Township, d. August 26, 1851, Malahide Township.
Children of Thomas Backhouse and Mary are:
- John Backhouse, b. Abt. 1853, Malahide Township, d. date unknown.
- Orpha Backhouse, b. Abt. 1856, Malahide Township, d. date unknown.