My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Wiley Gilbert Hight
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Wiley Gilbert Hight (b. February 23, 1786, d. March 04, 1868)Wiley Gilbert Hight (son of Howell Hight, Sr. and Johanna) was born February 23, 1786, and died March 04, 1868 in Floyd County, Georgia.He married (1) Nancy Brantley, daughter of Phillip Brantley.He married (2) Olive H. Baker on November 14, 1815.
Notes for Wiley Gilbert Hight:
Wiley was a fortunate drawer in the Cherokee Land Lottery of 1832 receiving land in the 26th District, third section, #249th, presently Walker County, Georgia.He apparently never took possession of that tract, but moved to Floyd County, Georgia between 1841 and 1842 setting very near Cave Springs.He is buried in the Hight family cemetery about 2 miles north of Cave Springs on highway 411.
More About Wiley Gilbert Hight:
Burial: Unknown, Cave Springs, Georgia.
More About Wiley Gilbert Hight and Olive H. Baker:
Marriage: November 14, 1815
Children of Wiley Gilbert Hight and Olive H. Baker are:
- Richard Hight, d. date unknown.
- Fielding Hight, b. October 20, 1818, d. April 08, 1876.
- Stephen Decatur Hight, d. date unknown.
- Thomas G. Hight, b. January 29, 1823, d. February 09, 1870, Floyd County, Georgia.
- James Hight, d. date unknown.
- Oliver Hight, d. date unknown.
- +William Baker Hight, b. February 20, 1821, Georgia, d. October 28, 1868, Carroll County Georgia.